Nintendo Wii from USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Just wondering, is it still cheaper to get a Nintendo Wii from US at this point in time?

My aunt is thinking of getting one for her son and would be flying back from NY not too long from now.

Kindly advice.

Thank you. :)

Just wondering, is it still cheaper to get a Nintendo Wii from US at this point in time?

My aunt is thinking of getting one for her son and would be flying back from NY not too long from now.

Kindly advice.

Thank you. :)

Wii is out of stock in almost all places. People who managed to buy one during the thanksgiving are trying to sell high to make a profit.

Not sure about NY, but over at the northwest retail stores are all out, and people are selling the basic bundle (Wii + controllers + 5-sports-games disc) on craigs list at around US$350. Right before Christmas these were selling for >$400.

Heard that the Wii is the most out-of-stock console gaming machine in history. Still out of stock more than a year after its launch.

Played it a few times at a friend's place. Quite fun, and good for kids as they have to get up and move about.

Wii is out of stock in almost all places. People who managed to buy one during the thanksgiving are trying to sell high to make a profit.

Not sure about NY, but over at the northwest retail stores are all out, and people are selling the basic bundle (Wii + controllers + 5-sports-games disc) on craigs list at around US$350. Right before Christmas these were selling for >$400.

Heard that the Wii is the most out-of-stock console gaming machine in history. Still out of stock more than a year after its launch.

Played it a few times at a friend's place. Quite fun, and good for kids as they have to get up and move about.

damn.... :sweat:

Take note US version is using 110 Volts whereas SG version is already converted to 220V. My friend who got a Wii as gift from her aunt in US needs to buy S$25 voltage converter.

Can sign up Singtel MIO, freebies is WII:)

I heard quite difficult to find over there and somemore now they also started to bundle games together with the Wii. So you may end up getting games that you dun like. Similar to the situation in Singapore.

I've looked at various places and they're almost always out of stock. After my birthday money had been spent, I found one available at a Planet X (Gamestop/Electronics Boutique) but that was really unusual. I'd say that you have to be at any store prior to their opening on the day that they receive the shipments, if you plan to buy one. Most every place I've seen won't try to sell them online and some force you to buy bundles.

Take note US version is using 110 Volts whereas SG version is already converted to 220V. My friend who got a Wii as gift from her aunt in US needs to buy S$25 voltage converter.
not a big issue really. the small convertor fits nicely into the wii package as well :D

may i know you guys mean Wii is the most out of stock console?

what is that means? i thought it had been on market 1 year, and if it is hot and most are bought..then why Nintendo isnt making more? the manufacturing time isn't that long right?

just a bit confusing..

Status
Not open for further replies.