Nintendo DS: Should I or Shouldnt I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesame_street98

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys!

Thinking to buy a Nintendo DS as a Xmas presnt for myself hehehe... :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
Any owners/users/ex-users (I dunno, you guys change equipment too fast since the BBB virus hehe..) who can give review on this?

What are the must-have games that I should get?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

my gf also thinking of getting one for herself.. I tried to convince her to get the PSP but it seems she prefer the DS more.. :dunno: anyone got inputs also?

girls would prefer the DS more as it is more interactive with the stylus pen.
there's many interesting and innovative games from DS tat makes use of the stylus pen to play.
then there's also the more serious games such as advance wars for guys...
u can get 1 DS each for ur gf and urself so can play together, wireless too! :)

i'm a DS owner.
when my friends knew i was keen to get one, they all asked me to get the PSP instead. probably because the PSP has got more functions.

but i still got the DS mainly because i wanted a device to play games on, so i don't need a multifunction psp.

also, i think i'm attracted to ds games ba.

to know which you really want to buy, maybe you want to consider what functions you are looking for and whether the console games appeal to you.

hths~

Probably, it's just me, but I've seen more girls with PSP than NDS/lite.

Anyway, whether to get a NDS lite (I dun think anyone wants to get a new phat NDS anymore now, especially girls) depends on why you want to get it. If for the games, then go ahead, cos NDS gameplay is better than PSP (IMO), but if she wants to also play music or videos, then can consider the PSP.

I m also contemplating between PSP and DS.. It seems that DS got more better games compared to psp.. Alot of psp games are like rip-off from the Ps2 versions.

i feel that the nintendo DS games are really innovative :)
nintendog will keep ur gf busy for weeks, maybe months to come hahaha

I'm a ds lite owner myself.. It's really fun! you should get it too.. The price for both the psp and ds is more or less the same, but i bought ds for it's interactive playing and those signature games like mario which you cant get on psp. Bottom line is if you want a multi functions then go for the psp as it's graphics is nicer. Thou the ds can do whatever the psps can do, ie: listen to music, watch comics and surf net and stuff...

Well.. I have been getting that alot. PSP is for guys and DS is for gals.
But I guess what I enjoy about DS is that sometimes the game is just short, simple and enjoyable.
Its a portable game anyway, so I do not want complicated plots, RPG, or something too complex. Its for me to play during the bus ride, waiting for others, etc. etc.

Hey guys!

Thinking to buy a Nintendo DS as a Xmas presnt for myself hehehe... :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
Any owners/users/ex-users (I dunno, you guys change equipment too fast since the BBB virus hehe..) who can give review on this?

What are the must-have games that I should get?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Save yourself some money, just get the GB Advance SP will do. Still as good. :)

i feel that the nintendo DS games are really innovative :)
nintendog will keep ur gf busy for weeks, maybe months to come hahaha
this is exactly the game she's really hooked to in just 5 mins.. what the......

Ds has more cool games IMO,and touching is good.

If you want a PSP to listen to your mp3 on the go, get an iPod shuffle for about the same price or one of the other gazillion players on the market for a fraction of a PSP.

If you want a PSP to watch movies on, get the Creative Zen Vision W. Cost about the same, and has over 30 gig of storage space. Plays mp3 too.

Just remember, PSP has no internal storage so you need a Sony Pro Duo Memory Stick. And we all know how much that costs......

buy a DS lah. and when the local Wii comes out, get that too. sure to keep u and ur gf busy for weeks heh.
Agree. Its easier to convince your gf to buy DS rather than PSP. Hehe..
When will Wii come out, anybody know?

So any recommendation on the games guys? (or girls?)

Agree. Its easier to convince your gf to buy DS rather than PSP. Hehe..
When will Wii come out, anybody know?

So any recommendation on the games guys? (or girls?)

you go to gamespot.com for the reviews/ intro for latest games ;)

i already have a gba, and is beo-ing a ds lite. ds lite can play gba's games and probably rate higher than psp (in my opinion). Wii not sure leh :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.