Nine new Singapore millionaires were minted 22/02/2013

nedy77

Jun 21, 2005
I hardly buy TOTO, i wanted to go buy it today but I was so busy that I forgot

I could have been the one of these millionaires :think:

9 share $10 million Toto Hong Bao draw
$10m Toto Hongbao Draw numbers out

The winning numbers of the 14th Toto Hongbao Draw, which comes with a $10 million prize, are out.

The winning numbers are 16, 18, 23, 25, 29 and 34. The additional number is 26.

Nine new millionaires were minted, as they shared the top prize of $10,022,492. They will each receive $1,113,611.

I hardly buy TOTO, i wanted to go buy it today but I was so busy that I forgot

I could have been the one of these millionaires :think:

9 share $10 million Toto Hong Bao draw
$10m Toto Hongbao Draw numbers out

The winning numbers of the 14th Toto Hongbao Draw, which comes with a $10 million prize, are out.

The winning numbers are 16, 18, 23, 25, 29 and 34. The additional number is 26.

Nine new millionaires were minted, as they shared the top prize of $10,022,492. They will each receive $1,113,611.

Sigh.... Those look like the number patterns I'd usually play. :(

getting the money is one thing. keeping it is another . sadly 1 million today can't easily buy a quality pte property. . . :(

my neighbor Jio me buy a condo nearby . "900k only,why you never go see " . like buying vegetable at Sheng Siong? "special offer la. tow gay at fifty cents only" . :(

inflation did not inflate my assets leh .

There will be countless millionaires all over SG when the COE for small cars reaches SGD$1 Million.

getting the money is one thing. keeping it is another . sadly 1 million today can't easily buy a quality pte property. .

very true.

Statistics have shown that people who suddenly became millionaires overnight, and don't know how to manage finances, becomes worse than before

Here are a few examples

1. Jack Whittaker won a record $314.9m Powerball jackpot in 2002.
But life since then has been a long list of arrests, lawsuits, broken relationships and even death. In 2007, his then wife, Jewell admitted she wished she had ‘torn up the ticket’.

2. William "Bud" Post won $16.2 million in the Pennsylvania lottery in 1988.
He later described the experience as a ‘nightmare’ and wishes it had never happened – who can blame him after he was sued by a former girlfriend eager to get her hands on the cash and his brother hired a hitman in the hope of inheriting the winnings. He invested in ill-fated family businesses and within a year was $1m in debt. Today he gets by on social security payments. 

3. Luke Pittard from Wales won a ‘measly’ £1.3m on the National Lottery.
After the novelty had worn off and the obligatory lavish holiday, wedding and new home were done and dusted, he got bored and returned to work at MacDonalds. 

4. An as-yet-unnamed Sicilian won £79m on the Italian lottery in 2008.
Before he or she could even collect the winnings consumer groups were demanding that the windfall be seized by the government. The winner has since gone into hiding, fearing the Mafia will come calling. 

5. Janite Lee won $18 million in 1993.
Her generosity in giving money to a variety of political, educational and community causes was commendable – but just eight years later she filed for bankruptcy. 

6. Mark Gardiner from London won £11m in 1995.
Thirteen miserable years later, he hasn’t lost his money, but he has lost all his friends - even the ones he treated to new £100,000 homes – and lost touch with his family. 

7. Michael Carroll won a £9.7m National Lottery jackpot in 2002.
Since then he has appeared in court more than 30 times and been jailed for drug related offences. In 2008, he admitted that ‘just’ £500,000 of his windfall remained. 

8. Willie Hurt won $3.1 million in 1989.
Two years later the money was gone and he was on a murder charge. Hurt spent his fortune on a divorce and crack cocaine. 

9. Charles Riddle won $1 million in 1975.
The original lottery car crash, he quickly got divorced, faced several lawsuits and was eventually indicted for selling cocaine. 

10. Ken Proxmire won $1 million in the Michigan lottery.
He moved to California, and invested in a car business with his brothers. Five years later, he was bankrupt and back working as a machinist.

Read more here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/13-lottery-winners-who-lost-it-all-2011-6?op=1

Last edited:
Nevertheless, how I wish I am among the winners. Easy money.

Nevertheless, how I wish I am among the winners. Easy money.

I will share a very frank story of my cousin-in-law winning Sg Toto 600k in the late 90s.
He was then a machine operator in a factory, and commuted to and fro from his home in Johor on a Honda motorbike.

After buying a huge (lavish) home with extensive renovations alone costing RM300k and buying a big fat Alphard, he "invested" in a MLM type of water purifier business but was not successful. My nephews, being treated to easy money, wasted their youth instead of learning a trade or getting an education.

Today my cousin-in-law drives around in his proton saga collecting scrap metal (coke cans) and my cousin tailors consignment clothes (in the same lavish but now dilapidated ) mansion. My nephews are hanging around LAN shops.

Money too easy is not money cherished.

I will share a very frank story of my cousin-in-law winning Sg Toto 600k in the late 90s.
He was then a machine operator in a factory, and commuted to and fro from his home in Johor on a Honda motorbike.

After buying a huge (lavish) home with extensive renovations alone costing RM300k and buying a big fat Alphard, he "invested" in a MLM type of water purifier business but was not successful. My nephews, being treated to easy money, wasted their youth instead of learning a trade or getting an education.

Today my cousin-in-law drives around in his proton saga collecting scrap metal (coke cans) and my cousin tailors consignment clothes (in the same lavish but now dilapidated ) mansion. My nephews are hanging around LAN shops.

Money too easy is not money cherished.

Actually, he tried to start a business. So it is an attempt to make the money work for him. Don't worry, I won't quit my job if I win. I will buy a small EPL club and realise my fooball manager dream. But 1 mil can only buy a 3rd or 4th division club, I think. :)

BTW, I lost my Toto ticket bought at one of the locations that appear in Group 2. Is there anyway to retrieve the ticket if I do not know any numbers since it is quick picked?

Actually, he tried to start a business. So it is an attempt to make the money work for him. Don't worry, I won't quit my job if I win. I will buy a small EPL club and realise my fooball manager dream. But 1 mil can only buy a 3rd or 4th division club, I think. :)

BTW, I lost my Toto ticket bought at one of the locations that appear in Group 2. Is there anyway to retrieve the ticket if I do not know any numbers since it is quick picked?

MLM is not a real business. MLM is not a real business . MLM has no value added along the vertical chain hence all the upline are jiak liao bee. if they do not contribute value towards the final product price, that means the product is over-priced, or too much of its price has been "used up" in advertising, fees, hype, etc. sorry end of rant here .

If you can tell me where you lost your ticket, i will use my act-cute sense of cat smell and try to detect winning ticket smell. ;)

very true.

Statistics have shown that people who suddenly became millionaires overnight, and don't know how to manage finances, becomes worse than before

Here are a few examples

1. Jack Whittaker won a record $314.9m Powerball jackpot in 2002.
But life since then has been a long list of arrests, lawsuits, broken relationships and even death. In 2007, his then wife, Jewell admitted she wished she had ‘torn up the ticket’.

2. William "Bud" Post won $16.2 million in the Pennsylvania lottery in 1988.
He later described the experience as a ‘nightmare’ and wishes it had never happened – who can blame him after he was sued by a former girlfriend eager to get her hands on the cash and his brother hired a hitman in the hope of inheriting the winnings. He invested in ill-fated family businesses and within a year was $1m in debt. Today he gets by on social security payments. 

3. Luke Pittard from Wales won a ‘measly’ £1.3m on the National Lottery.
After the novelty had worn off and the obligatory lavish holiday, wedding and new home were done and dusted, he got bored and returned to work at MacDonalds. 

4. An as-yet-unnamed Sicilian won £79m on the Italian lottery in 2008.
Before he or she could even collect the winnings consumer groups were demanding that the windfall be seized by the government. The winner has since gone into hiding, fearing the Mafia will come calling. 

5. Janite Lee won $18 million in 1993.
Her generosity in giving money to a variety of political, educational and community causes was commendable – but just eight years later she filed for bankruptcy. 

6. Mark Gardiner from London won £11m in 1995.
Thirteen miserable years later, he hasn’t lost his money, but he has lost all his friends - even the ones he treated to new £100,000 homes – and lost touch with his family. 

7. Michael Carroll won a £9.7m National Lottery jackpot in 2002.
Since then he has appeared in court more than 30 times and been jailed for drug related offences. In 2008, he admitted that ‘just’ £500,000 of his windfall remained. 

8. Willie Hurt won $3.1 million in 1989.
Two years later the money was gone and he was on a murder charge. Hurt spent his fortune on a divorce and crack cocaine. 

9. Charles Riddle won $1 million in 1975.
The original lottery car crash, he quickly got divorced, faced several lawsuits and was eventually indicted for selling cocaine. 

10. Ken Proxmire won $1 million in the Michigan lottery.
He moved to California, and invested in a car business with his brothers. Five years later, he was bankrupt and back working as a machinist.

Read more here:

13 Lottery Winners Who Lost It All - Business Insider

Moral of the story.... there's no fairy tales.... it will become a nightmare!!!!

So STOP DREAMING AND WORK HARD for your money!!!! lol......... :bsmilie:

well, these days, what is $1M. Cannot even buy a decent condo. Even some HDB flats could cost you almost that amount liao.

Now, a million is just a figure. 30years ago, a million was like WOW. Now, it is wow.

No doubt a million today is nothing like a million of yesteryears. To some people, it is still substantial. Imagine if you are paid $10k a month, you will need to work 10 years to accumulate that amount. This is a fast track to pay off your loan and be financially free or able to retire ahead of plan.

Gimme free $$$. Gimme easy $$$. Gimme lotsa $$$. :)

What is really true is you get to know who your friends are. Unfortunately, this pragmatic society chooses friends based on $$$. No money, no honey. Suddenly got money, others jealous. Got lots of money, no peace.
'Jackpot Auntie' gives away $416k winnings

Last edited:
well, these days, what is $1M. Cannot even buy a decent condo. Even some HDB flats could cost you almost that amount liao.

Now, a million is just a figure. 30years ago, a million was like WOW. Now, it is wow.

reminds me of Austin Powers movie where the bad guy held the world hostage for a pathetic million bucks.

to hold the world hostage needs five hundred billion at least.

I hope the winners invest some of their money in gold or good leica lens if they have no proper plan on how to spent the money :bsmilie:

I hope the winners invest some of their money in gold or good leica lens if they have no proper plan on how to spent the money :bsmilie:

investment must yield ROI.must find those super antique or tok kong lens/body which will appreciate. like the super duper canon (?) lens now worth 1M or more... go you tube and see ...
[video=youtube;IRq18WpQZC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0[/video]

Congrates to the 9 happiest men....like the other million of unhappy soul last friday...(I am one of them)....lets get back to work :cry:

Reminds me of our neighbor when I was still a small kid.
She hits the lottery jackpot, after that, a series of unfortunate events.
No happy ending either...

Lottery is still gambling. The price is other people's money

Reminds me of our neighbor when I was still a small kid.
She hits the lottery jackpot, after that, a series of unfortunate events.
No happy ending either...

Lottery is still gambling. The price is other people's money

Seems like lottery will not lead to any good ending like this.......... so better work harder for the $$$$..........

investment must yield ROI.must find those super antique or tok kong lens/body which will appreciate. like the super duper canon (?) lens now worth 1M or more... go you tube and see ...
[video=youtube;IRq18WpQZC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0[/video]

Even if I win Toto.... I think I rather will buy a house and earn rental.... but think rental will fall soon....... :think:

Lesser people in SG....

1 million is still a lot to me... almost equal to 20 years of my celery...
its a life changer to me... can switch job to a low paying 9 to 5 job.