Nine Emperor Gods Festival (27 Sep - 5 Oct 2011) @ Kiu Ong Yiah Temple

huhsimi

Jun 17, 2010
Hi Guys,

Just want to share this upcoming photo shoot event with everyone here.

Event: 九王爷 Nine Emperor Gods Festival Yew Keng Procession 2011
Date/Time of Yew Keng Procession: TBC
Start Venue: Kiu Ong Yiah Temple @ Upper Serangoon

Do note this is a night event.

Please view Nine Emperor Gods Festival for more information and Gallery from previous year event.

Thank You
Jason

There were hua che from different temples last evening.. very colourful and interesting.. so keep a lookout for next year :)

Hi Tranvui,

Isn't it just started today ?

May I know what time will the festival start and end? There's no indication on the link.

The actual procession i think will start from 6pm onwards. The parade may start from 9pm, but not confirmed.
I am also looking for people who are volunteers there to bring us in for better photo taking.

Hi huhsimi

I thought it would start on Tuesday too... but on Monday, there were hua che going in

*Accidentally touched the send tab*

Ya so I saw hua cheS heading towards the temple.. I didn't notice these the previous years..

Ohh...then i think they are preparing since Tuesday is official Day 1.
Since u saw on Monday for the hua che....den my dates 90% are correct.

thank you, ed9119

I think this event quite tedious....we can shoot within the temple...once they leave the temple to parade and move to other temples....the tough part comes because got to move around and get good shots.
luckily there are free buses for the devotees...so most probably shooters like us can hop on one and follow.....

Not sure how many are interested, perhaps I can do a poll to see how many pple are interested.

1) huhsimi
2)
3)
4)
5)

Cheers

Last edited:
My mum mention the same dates...

hahaha...CONFIRMED !

Hey guys, for those who like take this major temple event, make yourself free on the last
day of the festival 05/oct / 2011.

Reach respective temples around 630pm, look up for some nice candid shots & u can help yourself
with some free vegeterian food & drink.

Thousands of devotee will be arrived at the temple for the night procession so call sending off the NINE EMPEROR back to heaven.
Most Hua CHe in action too.

For Serangoon's Temple the procession start around 830pm from serangoon to sengkang river, first to walk nearly 1KM to kovan
mrt & there will be coaches sending all to the end location.

Warning: look after your own belonging & your own safety..happy shooting.

Thanks nik34 ~~

Are you a volunteer for that day ?
Any incentive for us shooters if we want to take close shots ?

I am interested in this event. Whats the day to day events there? I will be in the area this week.

from the pics, looks like need to bring my lowlight setup.

Anyone can tell me if this festival relate to going kusu island for praying ? I am confused.

I think 5th Oct is the grand finale as it is the day of the "yew keng". For days before that, I think there would be just Toaist rituals, prayers and ceremonies within the temple.

Please correct me if I am wrong for people who are familiar with this event.

If our headcount for this event is going to be many at the main temple, maybe we can meet up on the evening itself. =)

Thank You

barring any work commitment, count me in for 5th Oct meet up if any.

Thanks nik34 ~~

Are you a volunteer for that day ?
Any incentive for us shooters if we want to take close shots ?

You r welcome huhsimi,

I like too but ill be joining other group at AMK this year,haha my home ground.

you don't go to near to take photo during the procession so a fast zoom lens is a bonus,
you can use flash during the action, watch up for surrounding movement, wish u
don't bump into the procession team...not to worry just keep yourself cool & enjoy the events.

There's simple vegetarian meal at the corner...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150317628478423.355103.632028422&type=1

or

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/953008-Opera-Se/page2

Give your comment...

Watch out for policeman....

Ask around for the buses that will fetch prayer to the Sengkang river... miss it, that's it.

You r welcome huhsimi,

I like too but ill be joining other group at AMK this year,haha my home ground.

you don't go to near to take photo during the procession so a fast zoom lens is a bonus,
you can use flash during the action, watch up for surrounding movement, wish u
don't bump into the procession team...not to worry just keep yourself cool & enjoy the events.

Last edited: