Nikonzen

Nikonzen

Nov 3, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Hello folks I just joined your very nice forum. Hope to learn some things and make some friends. :)

I am from the land of Will Rogers, Route 66 the mother road, Indian Territory, Oklahoma, USA the land of the free and the home of the brave but all of that seems to be changing rapidly nowadays. At any rate my name is Jeff and I have been fooling around with photography as a hobby for several years now. I have a very great fondness for old Nikkor lens so I am a Nikon shooter by default however I also collect cameras so I have a whole slew of them from many manufacturers. I started with film and slowly evolved into mainly digital but I am still shooting maybe a roll or two of film per month on average. One must keep those cameras working you know!

A little bit about myself - I have been married for many years now and am the father of two boys. I work at a used car lot reconditioning vehicles. I am a trained automotive upholsterer which is an art itself and really enjoy the work. i have lived in Oklahoma almost all of my life but I have also lived in Missouri and California for brief periods.

I have been lurking around here for a few days and really like what I see so hopefully I'll be able to fit in. I also took it upon myself to read up on Singapore as so many of the members here hail from there. What a country I never knew! I would love to have the pleasure of visiting the place someday.

Well that is about it in nutshell so Hello Clubsnap members!

As soon as I am able I will share some photos.

Hello Benjamin. I am a people photographer myself...or at least I try to do the best I can. :embrass:

Nice little website you have there with benjaminloo.com

Hello Benjamin. I am a people photographer myself...or at least I try to do the best I can. :embrass:

Nice little website you have there with your personal site.

Hello Marcus Ng! Thank you! You do some nice photography sir... :)

Hi Jeff, welcome to ClunSnap and looking forward to more of your posting here, please share your photo from US. :)

Hello SilverPine thank you so much for the greetings. I intend to do just that (share snaps from USA + learn from you all) as soon as I get past probationary time period or 50 posts whatever comes first! :)

Unfortunately I am not a great photographer but perhaps what images I can add to the CS forum will be exotic enough for Spore members (and other locales) to enjoy and therefore make me a worthwhile member.

I see you are a Canon shooter with a white lens arsenal! Very good! I have owned a couple of Canons in my time - my first the ubiquitous Canonet except for mine was a very clean black unit and then one of my proudest antique store finds which was a mint condition F1 with power winder. I regret selling the black Canonet because now they are outrageous! I a made nice profit when I flipped the F1. Lately I have an interest in micro four thirds (because of that damn 40-150 Olympus thread on this site - what do you all say? jin poison??) and I have always thought it would be really cool to have an old FD fast 50 Aspherical lens to couple with such a system. Geez expensive and radioactive! LOL

Last edited:
Stupid me not paying attention to posting permissions.

I was born here. Tulsa. The Oil Capitol of the World at one time and that oil money built this town (teens and 20's of 20th century). The tallest building in downtown Tulsa is furthest left in frame. Looks shorter than the others but that is an illusion. It is basically a half sized replica of one of the famous Twin Towers. It was designed by the same architect who did the Twins and built about a year after the Twins were built (early 70's). That was an easy commission to make I bet...just cut plans in half! :cool: This snap was made from a moving car shooting the door glass amazingly enough. D5K Nikon and an old 50/2 non Ai Nikkor. I have several more like this to show but now that I realize I can throw up pictures I shall be off to the races with some threads I think!

auction1.bmp

Last edited:
Hello and thank you Zeisser! :)

Just for you an image of an old Contaflex kit I once had.

zeisscase.bmp

contaflex.bmp

Last edited:
Your welcome. I had a cursory glance over your threads. Good stuff! Plus the handle kind of gives it away! haha :)

I would love to have some old fast 50 Sonnar lenses! :cool:

The Contaflex System above with it's CZJ Tessar glass was just pure joy to shoot, razor sharp, and easy to focus.

Here's one made with the system. My two sons launching some sort of toy rocket. The younger boy is providing security. :) We had just watched Enter the Dragon before they went outside. LOL Lens is 115 film probably Fuji 160S.

zeissboys.bmp

Last edited:
Welcome.

Land of the brave. Yes, living in tornado country you gotta be.

Hello Qystan thank you for the greeting!

Ah yes the tornadoes! I have lived here all of my life and have saw tornadoes on only 3 occasions (once is enough actually!) believe it or not. They are rather intimidating. :eek:

Another recent thing that has been going on here are earthquakes caused by hydraulic fracturing used in natural gas recover. Many folks do not realize it but Oklahoma at had time had as much or more oil than Saudi Arabia. Now they squeeze even more from the formations. I'll let you all in on a little secret...Oklahoma has tons more oil still too! ;)

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, great to finally see you here!