Nikon's: A photographer is only as good as the equipment he uses!!!

Redsun

Nov 27, 2005
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Nikon
A photographer is only as good as the equipment he uses, and a good lens is essential to taking good pictures! Do any of our facebook fans use any of the NIKKOR lenses? Which is your favorite and what types of situations do you use it for?

http://www.facebook.com/nikon/posts/10150316773294620

this post is getting flamed by photographers all over

Facepalm

This looks like a traditional bus-ad being used in the wrong medium- one where people are able to attack your brand and cry fowl to your false claims.

If they said things like 'we love our Nikkors', that would be different. See, the point of social media is to come up with subjective 'this is my opinion' claims, rather than try to state fake-marketing-facts.

Next they'll be saying more megapixels = better, hear me ROAR!

Did they hire an intern to do the facebook management?

Wow... talk about striking a raw nerve. Maybe Canon fb can come up with some clever response...

A good photographer is not just about equipment, but a good lens liberates the room for better pictures!

:think:

The intern should be promoted to Director of Marketing! This beats iamcomings and bighands! :)

i just hope that it is a mistake that was lost in translation somewhere
i wonder which Nikon office this came from?

but actually a good lens is essential to taking good pictures
if everything else remains equal

the responses made for interesting reading though :)

Can't quite figure out what the motive was for making that post.

To a certain extend, what that guy said is true. Arrogant? Maybe, but is there a picture taken from iPhone that won an award?

i saw that too ... was just too lazy to click on the link ... ;p

Yup there is... shot with iphone with histamatic app.
http://www.poyi.org/68/17/third_01.php

not sure where it says iphone on there.. but if thats the case, we should all retire our dslr and just shoot with iphones
there are certain things that is just impossible to do without the right equipment and that already is the limitation to the photographer

not sure where it says iphone on there.. but if thats the case, we should all retire our dslr and just shoot with iphones
there are certain things that is just impossible to do without the right equipment and that already is the limitation to the photographer

It is very well known that that series is shot using histamatic app on the iphone 4.

Certain things are possible with the right gear... yes. But it doesn't mean that you cannot get great pictures on a lousy lomo cam, camera phone, or a pns.

Sorry if I made you feel depressed. But the fact remains, photography is a craft. The artist using a great tool will probably produce much better work than the same artist with a lousy tool. But to say that no good work is possible without the best tools, totally ignoring the artist... My condolences.

Last edited:
It is very well known that that series is shot using histamatic app on the iphone 4.

Certain things are possible with the right gear... yes. But it doesn't mean that you cannot get great pictures on a lousy lomo cam, camera phone, or a pns.

Sorry if I made you feel depressed. But the fact remains, photography is a craft. The artist using a great tool will probably produce much better work than the same artist with a lousy tool. But to say that no good work is possible without the best tools, totally ignoring the artist... My condolences.
huh i am depressed? im sorry but you feel more depressed than me..
looking at how you pin point people's mistake says alot about a person but i wont go too much into your personal stuff. and btw, i never say photographer is not important.. but i am saying equipment is equivalently important.. who doesnt know photography is an art? and pls dont patronise me

Another example for you...

Ansel Adams' Yosemite series.

Many photographers has tried to replicate his shots. As much as using the best gear, using software to triangulate his exact GPS location... spending months after months trying to achieve the same shots.

None has succeeded.

And what did Mr Adams use? compared to the gear of today?...

huh i am depressed? im sorry but you feel more depressed than me..
looking at how you pin point people's mistake says alot about a person but i wont go too much into your personal stuff. and btw, i never say photographer is not important.. but i am saying equipment is equivalently important.. who doesnt know photography is an art? and pls dont patronise me

why get so defensive? did I hit a nerve? ;)

Stay cool dude.

why get so defensive? did I hit a nerve? ;)

Stay cool dude.
cos u act like u know me, saying i am depressed? who are u to comment and personal attack me? in any case, you have great knowledge and i respect that but that does not mean you can attack people at will..