Nikonians and Canonians unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
A message to all nikonians and canonians,
I was looking around the forum and it may seem old but could I ask all people to stop fighting whenever there is talk about the 300D and the D70. It is just like comparing the Mercedes Benz S-class and BMW 7-series. Both are equally good cars, just as the 300D and D70. The S-class is like the 300D, it set the benchmark for the luxury car market, like the 300D set the benchmark for consumer DSLRs. Then a while later the BMW7-series comes out and then it shows its got more features than the Mercedes Benz, just like the D70 coming out and expressing more features than the 300D. A question to you people here, does it mean that if I buy an S-class right now I will not be able to go anywhere? Does it mean that 300D users cannot snap great pictures like those of the D70? And here's a problem, if canon comes out with a 300DmkII everyone will flock over and say everything about the canon. I was hoping that all nikonians and canonians would resolve this issue.

And lose the fun of flaming each other? :)

Prediction for this thread: someone will come in and say "it is not the camera that takes pictures, it's the photographer".

Heard it so many times it's getting a little bit lame :rolleyes:

Reminds me of what the NRA keeps on saying - "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

nickmak said:
good point... but why not spend more time shooting than trying to see which camera is better?

Agree with you totally, including your first message.

Spend less time arguing which camera is better. Spend more time in taking good pictures, acquiring better digital darkroom techniques and discussing about these pictures.

Arguing is for kids. No offence please.

Virgo said:
Agree with you totally, including your first message.

Spend less time arguing which camera is better. Spend more time in taking good pictures, acquiring better digital darkroom techniques and discussing about these pictures.

Arguing is for kids. No offence please.
ditto that... i've seen everywhere on the web ppl fighting over these two cameras... dun understand why Virgo... why not get mileage on that camera than trying to figure out which has more transistors than which? if so, go work for nikon or canon!!! :)

Great photographs are made by great photographers.
Equpiments are mainly serve as needs of the photographer.

just as they say math is the tool for physics... so how bout lets not fight over how good each camera is and as it is a personal preference, i think lsl03 u are correct and we should practice more...

Amfibius said:
Prediction for this thread: someone will come in and say "it is not the camera that takes pictures, it's the photographer".

Heard it so many times it's getting a little bit lame :rolleyes:

Reminds me of what the NRA keeps on saying - "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
going back to ur quote, its the people who pull the trigger on the gun that kills the people... the gun is a static object, just as the camera is...

nickmak said:
ditto that... i've seen everywhere on the web ppl fighting over these two cameras... dun understand why Virgo... why not get mileage on that camera than trying to figure out which has more transistors than which? if so, go work for nikon or canon!!! :)

Whenever I come across such threads, I'll simply ignore them and move forward to those picture comments threads. I find them meaningless to go through them, as I know in the end, it will just fade off. I rather spend more time on picture critiques to improve my shooting skills.

Would like to surprise everyone on a site. Most of the pics were taken using just a Canon G3, which I hold as well. Now don't tell me the G3 is better than the D70 or 10D or 300D!

http://www.pbase.com/kimr55760/root

nickmak said:
I was looking around the forum and it may seem old but could I ask all people to stop fighting whenever there is talk about the 300D and the D70. It is just like comparing the Mercedes Benz S-class and BMW 7-series.

Nope. It's like comparing a low end Kia vs Hyundai. If you're talking about the 1D-II/1Ds vs D2H/D1X etc then it's Mercedes vs BMW.

Mmmm, good thinking, just not long ago you are a Canon user and is bias towards Nikon. Glad you are thinking straight now :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

nickmak said:
just as they say math is the tool for physics... so how bout lets not fight over how good each camera is and as it is a personal preference, i think lsl03 u are correct and we should practice more...

no need to worry too much. those people that posted in those threads generally do it for fun. nothing very serious usually come about. and many "nikonians and canonians" are friends outside the forums as well.

Just thinking.....if the gun barrel is not straight, can the sharp shooter still kill with every shots?
Same goes to the camera. If the lens, and sensor for DSLR, is not good enough, you can only get a "interesting idea, if only the detail is clear, the image sharper" comments for your picture.
Than again, even if you have the best equipment but dun know how to use, you cannot get good picture either.
So if you think one brand/model is better than the other, go get both caneras and shoot something back to prove it.
Oh ya......are you guys just comparing which camera have more features? Than i am in the wrong tread. I am talking about the final picture produced by the camera, not how many modes it have, or how fast it process, or if the camera allows you to do this or that......

Sounds to me like M16 vs AK47.
Both are good guns and both can kill people.
It just depends on the person that are using it.
The US marines are good so are the Talibans! :blah:

it is not the camera that takes the pictures, it's the photographer.

HAHAHAHA!!! :p :p :p :bsmilie:

i prefer nikons vs kwanons war to go on. then like that more fun :bsmilie: :cool:

i think it's not so much about which camera is better, nor is it, which camera is better suited to one's needs.

it's more of pple firing their mouths off with unverified or even WRONG statements. one which comes to mind is who invented VR/IS first, or which brand used flourite in their lenses first.

yes, it doesn't matter who invented it first, but it matters when one says the wrong thing, and becos he thinks he's right, he bags the other brand as a result.

No no no, tt's not the *DSLR nor the photographer that matters, it's the *CF/XD/SD/etc, no storage card, shoot what? :D :D :D

* insert as appropriate for film-based camera

nickmak said:
I was looking around the forum and it may seem old but could I ask all people to stop fighting whenever there is talk about the 300D and the D70. It is just like comparing the Mercedes Benz S-class and BMW 7-series. Both are equally good cars, just as the 300D and D70. The S-class is like the 300D, it set the benchmark for the luxury car market, like the 300D set the benchmark for consumer DSLRs. Then a while later the BMW7-series comes out and then it shows its got more features than the Mercedes Benz, just like the D70 coming out and expressing more features than the 300D. A question to you people here, does it mean that if I buy an S-class right now I will not be able to go anywhere? Does it mean that 300D users cannot snap great pictures like those of the D70? And here's a problem, if canon comes out with a 300DmkII everyone will flock over and say everything about the canon. I was hoping that all nikonians and canonians would resolve this issue.

And to think that you labelled groups of people in camera terms. Ironic isn't it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.