Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Anyone knows when will the Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter be available?

I saw it at TK last friday

It's available liao. Went to get it last Saturday because I wanted to use it for King of the Road and Flugtag on Sunday. I walked around Funan but the shops either don't have it yet, or just sold out by the time I reach the shop. TK as of Saturday no stock. So I went to the opposite Peninsula and heng Cathay Photo got stock.

The price is $89 and it's damn worth it because I took some pictures with the D600 and instantly upload them to friends on FB and whatsapp and they wondered how the hell am I able to take those pictures with my phone, and when I explained it's actually from the D600, they went how the hell did I get those pictures onto my phone.

Being able to share those pictures on the spot is priceless.

The unit runs quite warm when it's active, and the Sunday sun didn't help.

Last edited:
Hope you can share some more info with us.

1) What is the transfer speed like?
2) Does it interfere with normal shooting in any way? I have heard that you are forced to use the cam in live view mode when the wireless adaptor is attached.
3) Does it cause significant battery drain?

Here's one picture out of my phone. The jpeg also has EXIF info on it.

Well I shoot in raw, and I didn't really count, but it took maybe around 10 seconds for it to finish transferring one pic.
I didn't try shooting with the unit in it. Plugged it in only when I want to transfer pics, plugged out straight after I'm done.
Didn't observe a hit in the battery, since I only plug in the unit to transfer not more than 20 pics throughout the whole day.

Last edited:
I asked around last week at Funan and it was still not available.

Many thanks to all for the intel.

Cheers.

You can get if from Cathay photo. I got mine from the Marina square outlet last week. Would say the best feature is being able to remotely preview your shot, choose focus point and shoot remotely.

I've bought it today at Cathay Photo Peninsula Plaza as stated here at S$89.

Personally for me, what is frustrating to see is that the Wireless Mobile Adapter should have been builtin instead of an additional adapter as it is very small, the size of a ten cents coin.

It comes in a big box instead of a blister pack.

http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.sg/2012/10/nikon-wu-1b-wireless-mobile-adapter-for.html

Thanks for the heads up.

You can get if from Cathay photo. I got mine from the Marina square outlet last week. Would say the best feature is being able to remotely preview your shot, choose focus point and shoot remotely.

Last edited:
xtemujin said:
I've bought it today at Cathay Photo Peninsula Plaza as stated here at S$89.

Personally for me, what is frustrating to see is that the Wireless Mobile Adapter should have been builtin instead of an additional adapter as it is very small, the size of a ten cents coin.

Thanks for the heads up.

May I know the WMA can control the button like remote control & live view mode?

He he I'm still dunno the thing how is it work on mobile phone :)

xtemujin said:
Malaysia boleh.

If tak boleh, I'm sure you've already emigrated.

Don't said that, my star hub 3G line more worst than DiGi line in m'sia.

The star hub 3G poor until I wanna throw my iPhone away :(

Last edited:
xtemujin said:
I was with SH, yes SH is worst, Singtel and M1 is bad.

I'm also using Celcom and it is bad.

Unless we move to Taiwan or HK.
Even in the top hill of taiwan still able to using 3G and fast like LTE.

There is no need to connect to an external wifi. You can use it anywhere. Once you connect the adapter to the D600 and on it, the adapter will broadcast it's own SSID, and the phone just need to connect to the SSID. So you can use it anywhere, even on an island with coconut trees only without any civilisation.

Can it be used to backup every jpeg and raw file toa laptop? Without needing to manually select and transfer on the camera itself? I.e. if I fire 50 shots at a go, 50 shots get stored in cam memory card, and 50 gets wirelessly transfereed to my laptop hdd?