Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter

Can it be used to backup every jpeg and raw file toa laptop? Without needing to manually select and transfer on the camera itself? I.e. if I fire 50 shots at a go, 50 shots get stored in cam memory card, and 50 gets wirelessly transfereed to my laptop hdd?

Currently it can be used to connect to a phone only. But I think technically it is possible to use it to connect to a laptop, just need the software to be developed.

I'm unable to use the WMAU app on iPad 2 and it gets disconnected on iPhone 5 quite frequent...

Anyone think it's possible to do tethering to PC in future?

vincentry said:
I'm unable to use the WMAU app on iPad 2 and it gets disconnected on iPhone 5 quite frequent...

Have u resolved the issue?

I'm planning to get one

Perhaps it's because you have another known Wifi hotspot in the vicinity (e.g. your home router), hence your phone cannot decide whether to connect to the router or the WU-1b.

Just do the update on the app through Apps store, seems to have resolve the connection dropping issue with the iPad and iPhone 5 loaded with iOS 6.

kajoy said:
Have u resolved the issue?

I'm planning to get one

Resolved after the app's update. :)

vincentry said:
Resolved after the app's update. :)

Good news.

Anybody knows the latest price and where to buy aside from CP?

I think its workable with the Nikon 1 V2 too.

Take note that are 2 models for the wireless adapter: Wu-1a (D3200, D5200) and the Wu-1b (D600, V2).

Hi

Sorry to dig old thread.

like to know feedback regarding WU-1b
1. Range - What is the effective range and your real-world experience
2. Infrastructure mode - I may need to hookup both WU-1B and ipad onto an existing hi-strength Wifi Connection to extend range. Is it possible?

Hi

Sorry to dig old thread.

like to know feedback regarding WU-1b
1. Range - What is the effective range and your real-world experience
2. Infrastructure mode - I may need to hookup both WU-1B and ipad onto an existing hi-strength Wifi Connection to extend range. Is it possible?

Wu-1b can only connect direct to a mobile device directly noy through a ap or router.

anyone knows where can i get this the cheapest?

lowest i checked is SLR revo @ 70+