Nikon View vs Picture Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgfriend

Dec 20, 2005
Pasir Ris
Is it better to keep Nikon View than Picture Project? Only one of this software can be installed.

Yes I guess so. I still prefer Nikon View and easily use with Nikon capture.

sgfriend said:
Yes I guess so. I still prefer Nikon View and easily use with Nikon capture.
Need help???
have been using picture project since day1. plan to change to nikon view but according to nikon support that pic project is the future program to use and it have all the nikon view function. anybody can help to reason out why nikon view is prefer one.
Reason for a switch are becos,
1)slow to open/edit raw
2)not much of function

I am using the PictureProject come with my D50. The main difficulity is it do not delete files stored in my harddisk when I deleted the pic from the pictureproject. that make the HD easily filled up. Andybody got solution? or any other software I can organize the files without the windows explore? Thanks.

wadexu said:
I am using the PictureProject come with my D50. The main difficulity is it do not delete files stored in my harddisk when I deleted the pic from the pictureproject. that make the HD easily filled up. Andybody got solution? or any other software I can organize the files without the windows explore? Thanks.
Try Nikon View.

Adobe Bridge works well but very heavy on the resources and also you need to purchase PS to get Adobe Bridge.

It really depends on what you want to use the software for. If you want to use it for just cataloging, then NV is very good for the purpose. If you want to use it as an "Album" software, then Picture Project is better.

ESPN. thanks for your advice. The NV really works:thumbsup:

espn said:
Try Nikon View.

Adobe Bridge works well but very heavy on the resources and also you need to purchase PS to get Adobe Bridge.

Another advantage of the NV is that it runs much faster that PP in my 1.8G AMD system.:thumbsup:

I always use Nikon view for viewing all my picture files (cataloging) then when I need to edit and print, i use nikon capture to open it lor. Very easy to use one. The picture project is a bit confusing and it only delete your catalogue or album but not files which is good if u accidentally delete it.

when will be nikon view pro release? It's foc?

Status
Not open for further replies.