Nikon vendors with SCB installment options...

praetorean

Jul 17, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but would like to know if anyone knows a store where I can buy stuff via SCB on 0% installment.
I posted sometime ago about getting either an 18-200 or a 28-300... I'll be using an SCB Credit Card (don't have the mollah's :)) and hoping for a 0% installment for 12/24 months.

I know Best Denki has this offer but they only have Sigma's; Harver Norman's also have this offer at (an arm and a leg ;)).

Would just like to know if anyone knows other stores that have this kind of payment options.

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for our town fiesta :cool: :D, that's why I'm wanting this lens, and if possible a flash too...

Thanks

Alot of shops have citibank or UOB 0% installment. Why not apply or change ur credit card to citi/UOB?

CP recently has 0% interest free installment plan for OCBC credit card. but purchase must >=500sgd.

just sharing

the 0% for SCB is actually easypay:
http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/personal-banking/cards/easypay/en/

there's still a "5% processing fee", the actual EIR is between 10% to 18%, not worth it.

I already have a transaction on easy pay, so the credit limit's kinda tight coz it counted the whole amount of that transaction (even when on easy pay); while on 0% installment, the billing is per installment.

Alot of shops have citibank or UOB 0% installment. Why not apply or change ur credit card to citi/UOB?

tried applying to them, got shut out :(

CP recently has 0% interest free installment plan for OCBC credit card. but purchase must >=500sgd.

just sharing

thanks, checked w/ CP already... local cards only :( ... but thanks niways...

I already have a transaction on easy pay, so the credit limit's kinda tight coz it counted the whole amount of that transaction (even when on easy pay); while on 0% installment, the billing is per installment.

Bro, 0% interest free installment plan works the same ... they'll earmark the credit limit for the whole sum when the merchant swipe your card on the machine at the point of sales and only reinstate the credit limit when you paid up monthly. The reason they have to do this (earmark upfront) is so that they are in line with MAS regulations which stipulates that you are allowed credit upto 2Xs your monthly gross (at the point of application) unless you earn above $120k per annum then it's upto the bank's discretion.

Not to dampen yr mood, if you state that easy pay (pay 1st then request them to put on installment + admin fee) taken up, I don't think you qualify for the 0% interest free installment plan up front.

Can contact SCB Call Centre to confirm :)

The reason they have to do this (earmark upfront) is so that they are in line with MAS regulations which stipulates that you are allowed credit upto 2Xs your monthly gross (at the point of application)

thanks bro... it's ok... there's the option to rent the lens anyways, until I have enough moolah's to get my own hehehe... but thanks man, that makes this CC thingy crystal :D

Sometimes owning something is nothing to be happy about, especially it becomes an additional burden or liability to your finances.

Sometimes owning something is nothing to be happy about, especially it becomes an additional burden or liability to your finances.

yeah... that's why it's on the goals list, coz they become part of the "expectations management" hehehe but niways, thanks y'all

Last edited: