Nikon V3 coming... with a 70-300mm native lens

Image quality is never a problem with the 1 series. One of the most underrated series of cameras. Stellar image quality. If only people would stop dissing it before actually using one. A lot of paper tigers around.

The one big problem the 1 series have to solve is the pricing issue.

another problem - product bundle. nikon should allow us to purchase body only.

Last edited:
Image quality is never a problem with the 1 series. One of the most underrated series of cameras. Stellar image quality. If only people would stop dissing it before actually using one. A lot of paper tigers around.

The one big problem the 1 series have to solve is the pricing issue.

thanks. was considering the 1 system and 70-300mm for the safari. you are right the price is quite step that could be a entry hurdle.

Spoke to Nikon SG today and they confirmed they will not be selling V3 in Singapore.

I didn't ask but as it shows on Nikon HK website would seem likely ....

I didn't ask but as it shows on Nikon HK website would seem likely ....
Yup, very likely! ;) http://www.nikon.com.hk/tc_HK/product/nikon-1/nikon-1-v3
Usually I'm happy if the products I'm interested in aren't being sold here. It makes the decision much easier to get it overseas and save some money instead of buying it at a higher price locally. It's a pretty good service Nikon is doing here! ;)

Usually I'm happy if the products I'm interested in aren't being sold here. It makes the decision much easier to get it overseas and save some money instead of buying it at a higher price locally. It's a pretty good service Nikon is doing here! ;)

yeaaah, it is good for a frequent traveler. for ordinary people, we are depending on the local distributors. and if v3 will not be sold here locally, the v2 price will never go down ...... sigh ...... :confused: :dunno:

Wonder how you get that logic.... Even if they sell in SG, you can still buy overseas? :dunno:

Not selling here means not servicing here also. Means no parts no support.

She mentioned there was no interest ... not sure how they measured that lack of interest!

Judging by how the V1 and V2 sold in Singapore, I don't blame Nikon for such a move.

Actually I thought the 1 series is pretty good. It is selling quite well in Malaysia and Japan actually.

It was moving quite well in Msia and SG, but there was not much innovation?

I am not keeping tabs on mirrorless, but the ones I played with like the Fuji X-T1, Sony A6000, I think they have better designs and features than the Nikons.

Just like Nikon's compacts, I find they lose out a lot compared to those of Canon, Fuji, Sony. Their forte is still in the DSLR methinks.