Nikon V1 price dropped

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Just called Parisilk... the Nikon V1 + 10-30mm + 30-110mm kit is now $1172. Too bad they don't have the FT1.

Then called MSColor... same kit is $1189. FT1 is $289.

Just a month ago, it was $1500+. At Angsana Plaza in JB, the last I asked about 1 month ago was about S$1400.

Bought mine at S$1,225 for V1 + 10mm + 10-30mm. Got free things like bag and card, but I didn't want the tripod so cash back S$80.

Must spend about another S$170 for the flash otherwise it is very hard to get good image handheld indoor. Most of the time point up is better.

Good thing about 10mm is that even at shuttle speed of 1/10 or 1/20 it is still able to get sharp images.

One is f2.8 the other one f5.6, but due to the VR in the 10-30, low light handling are very similar.

Staying at ISO 100-400 almost all the time.

The slow motion mode needs a lot of light to work.

The lenses can focus at quite a short distance, can frame in a rose.

With CX and 10mm lens at f2.8, you really need to put the subject really close to you and really far from the background to get nice isolation.

Already have D3S, so this price is alright for me. If I do not have a DSLR perhaps will go for APSC sensor CSC like NEX7 that costs S$1,500 with lens?

anyone know whats the best price and place to get a Nikon 1 V1 with 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm? under a tight budget but wanna get something sufficient to go around.
Thanks!

I heard the sales not so good, so price reduced.

but i heard sales in HK has been quite good due to some ample favorable reviews ... prices now are very competitive in SG vs HK now.

but i heard sales in HK has been quite good due to some ample favorable reviews ... prices now are very competitive in SG vs HK now.

Yes, shops told me sales quite good now. :)

what is the price now with only kit lens?
seperate the flash how much $?

Based on their current promo on their website:

Nikon 1 V1 kit (10-30mm lens)
RRP: S$1149

Freebies (Redeemable at point of purchase) : 8GB sd card, Nikon 1 Camera bag, Nikon 1 tripod

Additional Free (Redeem at Nikon office) : Speedlight SB-N5, Nikon 1 flashpay card with S$10 value.

So i guess if you were to get from your fav camera store, price should be lower...