guess what? they will be annoucing it on The New Paper as well!
Copied from the site:
"CREATE the BIG Picture" Photo Contest Organized By NikonClub Singapore and Sponsored by Nikon Singapore
In conjunction with the TNP BIG WALK, NikonClub Singapore will be organizing a "CAPTURE the BIG Picture" Photo Contest.
You dont have to walk the Big Walk to be part of the event. You can be part of it by just being a photographer! Get geared up with all your photographic equipment and come on down to the TNP Big Walk at Marina Bay on the 18th July 2010, Sunday!
Use your creativity and send us your best photo taken during the event. Your BIG picture should consist of elements based on the following themes below:
Solely sponsored by Nikon Singapore, this photo contest has got two categories:
1. Open Category (Age 21 and above as at 30 June 2010)
2. Youth Category (Age 21 and below as at 30 June 2010)
Entrants are required to submit images taken solely from the TNP Big Walk event held at Marina Bay on 18th July 2010, Sunday.
Prizes will be awarded to top 3 winners of each category. Entries submission starts from 18th July 2010 and ends on 25th July 2010.
All entries must be submitted to email@example.com clearly stating the below:
· Full name
· NRIC No.
Winners will be notified by email on the collection of prizes.
Please see below for more details on the Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting in your entries, you hereby accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. The CREATE the BIG Picture Photo Contest is organized by NikonClub Singapore and solely sponsored by Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd.
2. The CREATE the BIG Picture Photo Contest is open to all members of the public into 2 categories:
a. Open Category (Age 21 and above as at 30 June 2010)
b. Youth Category (Age 21 and below as at 30 June 2010)
3. Each entrants can only take part in either one of the above 2 categories and not both. Entrants who failed to abide by this rule will be disqualified.
4. Entrants taking part in the Youth Category must obtain the consent of his/her parents or legal guardian in writing to participate in the contest.
5. Nikon Singapore and The NewPaper (TNP) reserve the non-exclusive right and royalty-free license, to publish, reproduce, display, distribute and show the entrant's submission for the following purposes:
a. operating, administering and promoting the competition;
b. displaying the entrant's submission on this competition website and/or Nikons related website; c. displaying the entrant's submission online via Rednano.s;
d. displaying the entrants submission on print via The NewPaper.
6. In all cases where entrant's images are used, Nikon Singapore and The NewPaper reserve the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner, and without offering any further compensation of any form. However, where any image is reproduced in print, the photographer will be credited.
7. Entries submitted are at the photographers own risk. Nikon Singapore and The NewPaper will not take any liability for the unauthorized duplication or use of images submitted.
8. Submission of entries indicates to the Nikon Singapore and The NewPaper that the entrant has read and agreed with the Terms & Conditions of this Photography Contest.
9. Nikon Singapore reserves the rights to change the prizes and/or substitute with other prizes of equivalent value without prior notice.
10. Nikon Singapore reserves the right to amend or modify the terms and conditions of the contest as required, wherein adequate notification and announcement on the changes will be made known to the entrants in a reasonable manner.
Winners will be notified by email on the collection of prizes by Nikon Singapore.
10. Employees of Nikon Singapore and The NewPaper and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this contest.
11. Entries submitted must have been taken by the entrant during the TNP Big Walk event on 18th July 2010.
12. Entries submitted must show evidence that it is taken during the TNP Big Walk event 18th July 2010.
13. Entries submitted must have been taken by the entrant and possess all the necessary rights belonging to the entrant.
14. Entries which have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible for the contest.
15. One entrant is not allowed to win more than one prize.
16. All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. All entries should include entrants
a. Full Name
b. NRIC No.
18. Submission Period: 18th July 2010, Sunday 25th July 2010, Sunday.
19. Multiple entries are allowed (up to a maximum of 3 images), but each must be uploaded separately.
20. Each image must not exceed more than 3MB.
21. All entries submitted must have the EXIF information intact and showing the following information :-
d. Aperture information
e. Shutter speed information
22. No watermarks, identifying marks or signature will be allowed for images entered into the Competition.
23. Winners will be required to submit the original image of higher resolution to Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd before their prizes can be collected, failing which the entry will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
24. By submitting their entry, the entrant:
a. warrants that the entrant's submission is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party;
b. agrees that if their entry is later found to have breached or infringed copyright or rights of any third party, they agreed to return all prizes received at own cost and will assume fill legal and moral responsibility for their entry.
just a question in my mind...
not sure tomorrow should just camp at finish point look for Nikon booth or start from the start point n follow they walk until finish point?
mm.....still very confuse which to go...
haha... not so dramatic as 4hr late... i was at the big walk... 8am then nikon start to give out the goodie bag (to those who queue)... i went there with my camera and got my goodie bag and voucher at about 8:20am... then stick around there to take some photo, so tat i could get some picture with yellow theme involve for the photo competition... at 9:15 plus... i decided to leave as it getting abit too crowded to photograph anybody without interruption..
anyway at 8:20am i'm the 14th clubsnap to collect the voucher... so i guess he is like 1hr late or so
or maybe even better, he went to the wrong collection counter... the counter is at the carnival area instead of the big walk start or end point