Nikon TC-20E ll & Kenko N-AF 2X Teleplus Pro 300

deadlytoad

Deregistered
Jan 17, 2011
Far North
Hi CS, need help here, it the above Teleplus can be use on a D7K with a nikon 28-300mm Len? Which is better? What will happen if I mount it on the above setting? Going to get one Teleplus but need ur advise. Thk

I doubt the Nikon TC will work on the lens.
You can try the Kenko, but i won't recommend using a 2X TC on the 28-300mm
you lose alot of light (not sure if the camera will still AF at 300mm) and it'll degrade your IQ alot, given that the 28-300 isn't a very sharp lens to begin with.
you might want to consider the Kenko 1.4x instead.

Both tc with all zoom f2.8 lenses, images going to be soft unless stop down to above f8. Both t. Are for primes only.

Omega23 said:
Both tc with all zoom f2.8 lenses, images going to be soft unless stop down to above f8. Both t. Are for primes only.

Will image turn soft for primes without stopping further?

Hi CS, need help here, it the above Teleplus can be use on a D7K with a nikon 28-300mm Len? Which is better? What will happen if I mount it on the above setting? Going to get one Teleplus but need ur advise. Thk

If I remember right, the Nikon TC will physically not fit on to the lens. The front tabs on the TC will interfere with the back element of the lens. Check before you buy.
Having said that I believe it is a bad idea to fit a TC on that lens in the first place due the light fall off and IQ degradation.

TCs are best to be used with fast lenses. Your lens should be sharp enough to take the degradation of the 2x TC such that it produces reasonable sharp images even if used. Not all lenses are designed to be used with TCs, especially slower lenses.