Nikon TC-14E II + Sigma 150-500mm

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Any info whether this combo will work? Thanks!

Any info whether this combo will work? Thanks!

The focusing might not work so well at f6.3 since you cut a stop of light from entering your camera. The focus hunting should be quite bad.

You may want to check how far the front element of the TC14 sticks out and how much space is there between the back element of the 150-500 and mount base. If there is not enough clearance, the front element of the TC will ram into the back element of the 150-500. May be better to use the sigma tc especially if they have one that is designed to be used with 150-500 like the 14e is designed to be used with certain nikon lens.

You may want to check how far the front element of the TC14 sticks out and how much space is there between the back element of the 150-500 and mount base. If there is not enough clearance, the front element of the TC will ram into the back element of the 150-500. May be better to use the sigma tc especially if they have one that is designed to be used with 150-500 like the 14e is designed to be used with certain nikon lens.

combo not recommended, any TC on these kind of zoom will degrade your photos and the performance of the lens. Best not to have TC on these lens. TC works better on F2.8 lenses or prime lens.

I'm using a Kenko 1.4x teleplus (DG300) with the sigma 150-500mm. My word of advice is, only if you really need to enlarge that tiny bird on a bright day lighting, The IQ lost can be quite significant.

I can confirm that they are not compatible for the above mentioned reason.
Plus the 150-500 is already f/6.3 at 500mm, you'll be making it f/9 which would be quite difficult to focus with and/or get enough light out of most of the time for birding.

fmeeran said:
I can confirm that they are not compatible for the above mentioned reason.
Plus the 150-500 is already f/6.3 at 500mm, you'll be making it f/9 which would be quite difficult to focus with and/or get enough light out of most of the time for birding.

Yeah, that's the problem that I faced