Nikon SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsybitsyspidy

Jul 5, 2004
Yes i know there are a hundred threads asking to recommend Nikon DSLRs, but i'd like to ask what SLR is suitable for first time learner? I think F6/F5 is outta my league. so gotta leave that out. F5565/75/80?

I've been reading about this too, think N80/F80 is highly recommended. Price wise bit more than 65/75 but function and built wise is better. Compared to DSLR, price difference of $200 shouldn't be too much right?

runes said:
I've been reading about this too, think N80/F80 is highly recommended. Price wise bit more than 65/75 but function and built wise is better. Compared to DSLR, price difference of $200 shouldn't be too much right?

hm. i'm just starting out. so i'd like the learn the basics first. so you'd recommend a F80? what's the price like nowadays?

let's just say i love my F80D more than my D70s! :heart:

now if only i can get my hands on a F3 :cry:

itsybitsyspidy said:
hm. i'm just starting out. so i'd like the learn the basics first. so you'd recommend a F80? what's the price like nowadays?

Nikon's RPP is $838 from its website, maybe $600+?? Not sure though.

One of the best SLRs to start with is the Nikon F601/N6006 (1990-1997).
It has everything you'll ever need in a tough reliable package. And they go for a song these days. You probably can pick one up for $150 maybe even less. Just get the one that is made in Japan. The ones of later manufacture were from Thailand.

If you want to spend a bit more, the F90x/N90s is the one I'd pick. Same UI as the F601 and same reliability.

Go for a FM2 if you want to learn from basic.
You will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.