Nikon Singapore's exhorbitant charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalis

Feb 25, 2002
Bukit Batok
I called Nikon today to enquire about the cost for programming my F90X to rewind with a little film leader left out. The price quoted to me was $35. I felt that is a little steep for a simple programming process? Is there any other place/way I can do this without going through Nikon?

Originally posted by Minimalis
I called Nikon today to enquire about the cost for programming my F90X to rewind with a little film leader left out. The price quoted to me was $35. I felt that is a little steep for a simple programming process? Is there any other place/way I can do this without going through Nikon?

That is indeed exhorbitant. It costs the same to do it for an F100, so why not just buy a cheap film picker and save all the trouble? It's not like you need the leader out for every single roll right?

Regards
CK

Hmm, that's what it was before. And the whole problem is that no one else can do it so they can charge what they like. Thing is, I didn't know it could be done for the F90x.

BTW, when I had mine done last time around, when it was still Shriro, they said it was free first time, and only after that did they charge.

Easy. Sell your F90x, get any old Canon EOS body like the EOS-50 ($350-400) or EOS-630 ($250-300) and set up custom function 2 to leave the film leader out :)

Originally posted by denizenx
I paid $2xx to have the shutters replaced for an FM2....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ogod!!! Thatz more than half the cost of a used FM2.

Look at Canon lens hoods. Some tele hoods cost $50-60 for a stupid piece of plastic. Time to go third party yeah ;p

Originally posted by denizenx
I paid $2xx to have the shutters replaced for an FM2....

I paid $240 to have my F-801s shutters replaced and $195 just to get my FM re-sponge clean up. They really know how to suck blood. :devil:

If possible try not to send in. :dunno:

Question.. when u send in the camera for repair, do they quote u the fee first? :embrass:

Sometimes I wonder what planet people live on ...

Those costs are about 1/2 what we pay in Australia.

Not necessarily true. You need to clarify that you want an estimate before proceeding. Usually there will be a small (relatively) fee involved if they quote you the repair price and you decide not to go ahead - after all they have expended tech time to look at the equipment, dismantle it, diagnose it, etc.

Usually you can also say, if it costs less than X, then just go ahead. Otherwise ring me. But specify first whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.