Nikon sigma or Tamron

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackster

Apr 19, 2010
Hi I'm thinking of getting a 70-200 2.8 zoom lens
and i've set aside of my saving for it.
but i've been reading reviews after reviews till i'm comfused.
so can anyone advise me on which to get.
1) Sigma 70-200/2.8 EX DG OS HSM
2) Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II
3) Tamron SP AF70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro

Seriously i'm really confused....

Used to be like u deciding which lens to buy.end up bought the nikon 70-200 vrll.no regrets with the expensive n heavy lens.

If you don't mind not having VR, the 80-200mm AF-D is a great lens for its price.

Go for Nikon 70-200mm Vr2, good reviews

What exactly confuses you after reading reviews? It's your money and you will be using the lens, so you should decide, not others.

Save your neck of looking back. The one and only NO-REGRETS-Nikon 70-200 VR 2.

Unlikely u will have regrets for high end nikon lenses, the only regret is the few Ks missing from your bank account.

Based on the comparison in the digital photography magazine current issue. NIKON vr2 is the best followed by the sigma version. So if money is a concern, get the sigma. Seems like tamron is the worst in the article

Based on the comparison in the digital photography magazine current issue. NIKON vr2 is the best followed by the sigma version. So if money is a concern, get the sigma. Seems like tamron is the worst in the article

Totally agree. The Nikon is the best, but the Sigma is the best bucks

if you don't need VR, i highly recommend the 80-200 AFS (not AFD!!) version. about half the price(1.4-1.6k), but i could not want any more from if. AF is v v fast, thing is as sharp as i ll ever need even at 200 2.8.

the afd version still pretty good, but sometimes has back focus issues. focus is noticably slower and abit soft at the long end, but its cheaper still

Thanks guys and gals for your advice. I got the NIKON...!!!! which also means there is now a big hole in my pockets.. so cant treat you'll to kopi or teh liao.. lol
Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.