Nikon service fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezqu

May 9, 2011
Hi guys, just wanna know whether I need to pay for cleaning of my dslr body and lens calibrations? All still in warranty.

I thought I read it somewhere in the forum that if your equipment is still in warranty, such service will be free?

I called Nikon and they told me I have to pay from general servicing to lens calibration even if still in warranty. Did I read it wrong or Nikon just change their policy?

Thanks!

As i remember, if you service within warranty, it will be much cheaper.. The price is more than double if after warranty as stated on their website..

Hi guys, just wanna know whether I need to pay for cleaning of my dslr body and lens calibrations? All still in warranty.

I thought I read it somewhere in the forum that if your equipment is still in warranty, such service will be free?

I called Nikon and they told me I have to pay from general servicing to lens calibration even if still in warranty. Did I read it wrong or Nikon just change their policy?

Thanks!

Hi, Please use common sense.Warranty is only for defects such as product failure which includes autofocus.Keeping product clean IS your
responsibilty but because of your whim and fancy, of course nikon will charge as it's not part of the warranty.

ru taking about cleaning the sensor?
is about $30 regardless of your warranty period

hmm last time I send it for sensor cleaning, it's free, ask they told me its my first time :dunno:

Hi, Please use common sense.Warranty is only for defects such as product failure which includes autofocus.Keeping product clean IS your
responsibilty but because of your whim and fancy, of course nikon will charge as it's not part of the warranty.

If you have nothing nice to say, please keep your mouth close. Much appreciated. Please read my 1st post before saying such stupid words. And also, dust and dirt are everywhere, it tends to slip in, please use your brain if your common sense or general knowledge is not working well on you. I wanna send it for cleaning because I take good care of my stuff.

Like I said, I read it somewhere in this forum that lens calibrations is free if it's still in warranty. I forgotten the brand.

I'm grateful to the other users who reply and answer my doubts. Let's make this forum a much friendly and warm one.

If you have nothing nice to say, please keep your mouth close. Much appreciated. Please read my 1st post before saying such stupid words. And also, dust and dirt are everywhere, it tends to slip in, please use your brain if your common sense or general knowledge is not working well on you. I wanna send it for cleaning because I take good care of my stuff.

Like I said, I read it somewhere in this forum that lens calibrations is free if it's still in warranty. I forgotten the brand.

I'm grateful to the other users who reply and answer my doubts. Let's make this forum a much friendly and warm one.

Hmm maybe Sigma? If I'm not wrong 2 times free calibrations if it's local set, none for grey set

Thanks!

DSC_5981.jpg

Think Canon lens calibration is free if in warranty.

What lens and camera body do you have that need calibration?

Unless u are using a D7000 that is still under warranty, you will be charged. Initially i thought cleaning of sensor isn't free as I called them and the lady over the phone told me sensor cleaning isn't free. When i went down to NSC, I asked their staff what exactly does the warranty cover. She told me all interior parts of the camera. She added that unless your camera is a D7000(with warranty), it is chargeable for sensor cleaning, bout 20++. Subsequent times also free, ONLY FOR D7000 that is still under warranty. General servicing is NOT free even if your body is still under warranty. Hope this helps TS.

Hi, thank you all for the contribution! It's very clear to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.