Nikon Service Ctr sucks anyone encounter ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Videographer

Feb 16, 2005
East
i sent in my Lens for Servicing
there was 5 person ahead of me
I have to wait for almost 50 mins
just simple collection take such long time
Even the counter paper run out need to people to install

Do you guys encounter ?

Yawns. Another one. So waiting = Sux, you should try queueing up at M1 to get a new phone + renew contract and see how long you'd have to wait.

Or you never tried queuing at restaurants to get seats that requires more than 1-2 hours.

So impatient. Tsk tsk :nono:

espn said:
Yawns. Another one. So waiting = Sux, you should try queueing up at M1 to get a new phone + renew contract and see how long you'd have to wait.

Or you never tried queuing at restaurants to get seats that requires more than 1-2 hours.

Dun mind Que it is the way the people work taking their own sweet time

like keng
bo keng bo chu peng lu keng lu tiao peng (Hokkien)
and go some where else to eat this is not the only Resturant in the world eat other day

BRO

Dude, you prefer somebody to just RUSH RUSH and get things done without being careful or you prefer somebody to be slightly more meticulous in handling your items? Think.

After all there's a drinking dispenser behind that provides water, there are magazines under the table for read, there are cameras + lenses on display, not forgetting it's all air-conditioned + sofas for you. Once you're done with the magazines, you can collect all the brochures there and read.

Chill and just be patient.

espn said:
Dude, you prefer somebody to just RUSH RUSH and get things done without being careful or you prefer somebody to be slightly more meticulous in handling your items? Think.

After all there's a drinking dispenser behind that provides water, there are magazines under the table for read, there are cameras + lenses on display, not forgetting it's all air-conditioned + sofas for you. Once you're done with the magazines, you can collect all the brochures there and read.

Chill and just be patient.
Well maybe coffee dispenser better
Camera and lens display can see cannot touch (make u feel Gian)
magazine i think libary got more
Brochures ???? for what ? internet got more soft copy

espn said:

It is not that the service from the shop sux, it is those who buy the mobile suxs. Some ask 1001 qns before getting a handphone and so, delay other waiting time. I brought mobile recently and I use only 10 mins for getting the phone. Some ppl can drag the time to 30 mins by asking n asking. Even with 5 counters (West Mall), there are customer who just like to take their own sweet time. So, who to blame? Should it be the ppl service us or we, the customer ourself?

Just like queuing at ATM like that. Why got long queue? Becos some don't know what they are doing there. Like playing with the ATM, press here n there even long queue behind. So, you blame ATM for responding slow is it? :think: Clearly that person is either making a long transaction or he/she don't know what is the hell he/she is going to do or doing. If got 10 person n you r the last one, every one 5 mins, also ended up an hr.

Case here is that human mostly bochap whether other is waiting or not. They just like to take their own sweet time doing the things they want. That is why there are long queue everywhere. If everyone know what they are doing, the queue will be shorter and everyone will be more happy. So, just live with it, the QUEUE! ;p

I agree. Unfortunately, the service at Nikon here in Singapore is pretty miserable. There's no need to defend them with unlikely comparisons.

Supposedly, if you are there it means that you already bought Nikon, so they don't need to make new customers. But they may lose some on the long run.

Comparisons? Hardly.

So it means that they should just chop chop get your stuff and proceed to the next customer? Then you'll be ending up complaining about poor haphazard services.

I'm not defending, but more than often, people go there with tooo big demands and egos. It doesn't help.

Yeah lor.. wait's a bother..

so, Read the catalogs... even though u've got softcopies, it's still good to read hard copies once in a while.

eat the free sweets

Play with the water cooler

Play with the kids of the adults there

play with the adults there

play with the lenses/bodies (CAMERA) of the adults there

play with the counter girl there. (the malay man, if u don mind.. also can)

Look at the counter girl there. (the malay man, also can... errr)

aaahahahhaa

espn said:

Sorry, can't agree with you on that issue. If I am hungry, no restaurant however good the food would ever warrant me waiting in hunger, one or two hours. Sony's broadcast equipment considered one of the best in the world but their service is not. That why TCS switch their entire line of broadcast equipment to Panasonic.

That why I am a Owner of a Panasonic DVX100E instead of a Sony PD-150/170. I went recently with a problem with my cam, I handed in to Pana and went off. One week later I got a call from Pana to receive my cam, after I got there, a engineer attend to me personally. He explain to me how the error occurred and advice me ways to avoid them, while doing demo to me along it.

I know of one photographer whose less than stellar encount with Nikon service years ago(I am pretty sure that Nikon is much better now) change his entire line of cameras and lenses to Canon. Its not that Canon is better in quality of the lense or camera but when he sent his camera for servicing, he was offer a replace without even asking(he sent EOS5 in and got a temp replacement EOS1!).

However Videographer's encount could be a one off incident. Do feedback to them Nikon and let them know how you feel.

BBTM said:
Just like queuing at ATM like that. Why got long queue? Becos some don't know what they are doing there. Like playing with the ATM, press here n there even long queue behind. So, you blame ATM for responding slow is it? :think: Clearly that person is either making a long transaction or he/she don't know what is the hell he/she is going to do or doing. If got 10 person n you r the last one, every one 5 mins, also ended up an hr.
Totally agreed! That is what happened at Citibank after they made the ATM able to accept direct cash deposit and stop people from getting service from the teller. What happen? The queue can be 30 mins just to give money to the bank! :sweat:

So far my visits were pleasant ones. My latest visit was just to send my cam there for CCD cleaning. firstly i was greeted with a pleasant smile from the counter staff. then i asked for my CCD to be cleaned and she politely ask my to wait while she send my cam to the office.

A while later, she came back and told me that after cleaning of CCD, a check was done and found out that there's some problem with my shutter. She asked me to wait for a little longer while they fix the shutter problem for me. I was very impressed with their initiative that they do not only just clean the CCD for me but they also check the camera for me without asking.

So do you think they care for their customer? You judge.

if you guys are complaining about poor service attitude from the counter staff and things related, I can understand but queuing is a fact of life living in a city with so many people and if you go during peak hours, don't expect super fast queues. stop whining and get on with your life. be patient and you will be a much happier person. just my 2cents.

my experience with nikon service centre was more than satisfactory, shortly after i sent my cam for servicing i was required to leave for a study tour on short notice last year. i needed my cam back 2 days before the stated collection date so i made a special request, which they first say they will try their best and after which did manage to do it, at no extra costs at all and comes with servicing warranty as promised.

Could be they are understaffed? Either staff is slow, or customers are asking many questions and don't care.....or both.....

As along as they repair your items properly, it ok, in my case the repairman didn't install the lens elements properly, all images blurred, worst: they didn't believe me! At the end they did luckily, so much for the quality of the repairman, I am not coming back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.