Nikon Service Ctr sucks anyone encounter ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hommie said:
Sorry, can't agree with you on that issue. If I am hungry, no restaurant however good the food would ever warrant me waiting in hunger, one or two hours.

I won't know, but I was just illustrating because I HAVE experienced people waiting 1-2 hours just for a seat in a restaurant. ;)

The point here is the wait is unacceptable and yet still demand the staff to be meticulous and not rush rush. Not rush rush for you but rush rush for others? Com'on. Be fair. ;)

hongsien said:
Could be they are understaffed? Either staff is slow, or customers are asking many questions and don't care.....or both.....

As along as they repair your items properly, it ok, in my case the repairman didn't install the lens elements properly, all images blurred, worst: they didn't believe me! At the end they did luckily, so much for the quality of the repairman, I am not coming back :)

From my past experience when I go there, they don't seem to be understaffed apart from during lunch time. That's about it.

Customers have been noted to be asking a lot of questions, but hey, a little bit of assurance won't hurt anybody!

Sometimes people like me are very lor sor and persistant, I can get my CCD cleaned up to 3 times before I'm satisfied. Then after that I can request to check for shutter etc etc etc...

Replacement bodies are available btw, when AJ sent in his D2H for checking, they loaned him a F100, when Watcher sent his in for checking, they loaned him a D100. Just because you haven't encountered doesn't mean they don't practice it :)

Hope I dont get suckie service coz i am sending mine for CCD cleaning and servicing

espn said:
Replacement bodies are available btw, when AJ sent in his D2H for checking, they loaned him a F100, when Watcher sent his in for checking, they loaned him a D100. Just because you haven't encountered doesn't mean they don't practice it :)

That friend of mine changed his entire line from Nikon to Canon manys years ago when his F5's shutter is spoilt and as a professional, his nikon gears consist of 3 bodies and ten over lenses costing tens of thousands of dollars. Sent his F5 to repair, asked for a replacement set and was refused. He went higher up all the way the the dept manager and was refused too, where he told them straight in the face he is switching to Canon. You wanted names?

Just because you haven't encounted it doesn't meant it never happened. :bsmilie:

espn said:
I won't know, but I was just illustrating because I HAVE experienced people waiting 1-2 hours just for a seat in a restaurant. ;)

The point here is the wait is unacceptable and yet still demand the staff to be meticulous and not rush rush. Not rush rush for you but rush rush for others? Com'on. Be fair. ;)

Well, my growling stomach does not have any preference for food served in the good restaurant or kopitiam but those in time. I am sure there are lots like me...... (Feel me, C'mon) :bsmilie:

Hommie said:
That friend of mine changed his entire line from Nikon to Canon manys years ago when his F5's shutter is spoilt and as a professional, his nikon gears consist of 3 bodies and ten over lenses costing tens of thousands of dollars. Sent his F5 to repair, asked for a replacement set and was refused. He went higher up all the way the the dept manager and was refused too, where he told them straight in the face he is switching to Canon. You wanted names?

Just because you haven't encounted it doesn't meant it never happened. :bsmilie:

Must register for NPS in order to qualify for loan set what. hehe.... Relatively easy, fill up the form + a letter and namecard would do, don't need to be a "pro" as stated actually.

It's the same for CPS.

2100 said:
Must register for NPS in order to qualify for loan set what. hehe.... Relatively easy, fill up the form + a letter and namecard would do, don't need to be a "pro" as stated actually.

It's the same for CPS.
That was many years ago, NPS most probly didn't exist then. Then again if no one inform my friend about NPS while he met the staffs and management, there must be a unacceptable lapse in service. Canon, however is pro-active in asking instead of being asked.

Now however, Nikon have improve it's service and Videographer's incident likely to be one off or understaffed. We should alway feedback to them to help them improve in future.

Hommie said:

To my knowledge, whilst working within the press in singapore back in the 90s, Nikon has never offered replacement bodies for consumers/professionals alike UNLESS the company you're working with has a work/service contract withthem. (eg: ST, etc.)

But, IF they do repair your body, and if it sui sui screws up more than twice, they will normally change it depending on the circumstances/terms. Not to mention that the warrenty will reset itself back to the day of issue: so, 3 more years for the F5.

I guess your friend just sui la hor....

Status
Not open for further replies.