Nikon Service Centre Repairs...

agape01

Feb 13, 2003
Somewhere Out There
Visit site
I am wondering whether in Singapore, does it take a long time for NSC to repair equipment because of the lack of parts?

I just service my D700 for 2 weeks. change of main board, lacking of pairs in equip is rarely.. but it's up to how fast they wanna do their job...Anyway are u 1 of the director in agape?

Nope...

Lens cracked and it has been sitting in the Nikon Service Center in the US for one month with no word on when the lens will be looked at.

Last edited:
I think you should just give them a call and ask on what's the repair status, maybe they'll be able to give u a more exact answer

That is why I said right from the beginning....

The answer is that because of the earthquake in Japan, there is a lack of parts and the whole repair centre is backed up with equipment that needs fixing.

I sent in my D300 to clean the sensor. I went during lunch and they complete it within 30 minutes. My experience is good and they are very polite. The service centre also provide nice sitting area with drink.

Cost for cleaning of the sensor is around $40. I am a happy customer.

Hmm does anyone know the pricing for cleaning the view finder and sensor?:)

If you are talking about cleaning the internals of the viewfinder which sometimes need general servicing, would cost you more then S$100+ depending on model.
But if its within the exterior of the camera, like the mirror surface, camera exterior and sensor, would cost only S$20+.

You guys in Singapore are fortunate. My lens had been sitting inside NSC for 4 weeks with no quote on the repair. Only now then they give me the quote then they can proceed to fix. Btw, NSC for me is like travelling from SG to Ipoh.

Major KNS!!!! Major Camera shop sat on my lens for 2 weeks and didn't send it out. Then only now I get a quote. No wonder that is why it took so damn freaking long to fix my lens.

6208816531_05fdae94d6.jpg

If you need it fast, it is better to send in the set yourself. You cant blame the shop for the things that you are not willing to do yourself. my 2c

Would you pay $800 vs $450 to get the lens all put back together. The question lies when you are put into that situation. As I have said before, you guys are fortunate that NSC is at the most 2hrs away by MRT. For me, its about 800km away.

Would you pay $800 vs $450 to get the lens all put back together. The question lies when you are put into that situation. As I have said before, you guys are fortunate that NSC is at the most 2hrs away by MRT. For me, its about 800km away.

Most of the people in the US I know send their stuff in to NSC via courier.

You can do that, but then there could be lower fees that you would be paying if you go through a camera shop. Some more you don't have to deal with additional shipping charges.

You can do that, but then there could be lower fees that you would be paying if you go through a camera shop. Some more you don't have to deal with additional shipping charges.

True. But some of the camera shops or some of the staff are a-holes. (pardon the language). Especially stores like Wolfe or Ritz.

Dear All

Need some advice. My friend's D90 card reader slot plastic bracket is broken. need to repair it. Still can insert acrd into slot. plastic part broken.

Anyone know where to get it repaired cheaper beside Nikon Service centre?

Pls advise

Thank you.

:D