Nikon Price Drop in 2012 !!

Dfive

Nov 20, 2008
Singapore lah....
www.clubsnap.com
Nikon has DROPPED their lens pricing in Australia.... big drops I'm told. :)

This from a dealer:

AS AT 15/05/2012:
" Big news this week from Nikon Australia is the much anticipated re-positioning DOWNWARDS of Nikkor lens prices. Additionally, and equally welcome, Nikkor lens purchased from authorised dealers will be supplied with TWO (2) years factory warranty! "
"The 'big' three F2.8's remain the same price but HUGE price drops on PC-E Micro lenses and hefty reductions across the range."

Cross your fingers for SG :) :)

Can wait long long for this... Nikon & Canon in SG are not like their counter part in US/HK & other places due to the smaller market in SG

Just look at D700 & 5D2 in US, you can get it less than 2.5k but in SG? no price drop at all... and some are even complaining that you cannot find this 2 in shops anymore...

SG no need to drop price, photography is POPULAR in Singapore!

One day I was on shoot at ballroom of a certain hotel, some waiter passed me a Sony lens cap, thinking its mine, not mine of course. Everyone's got a camera how would I know whose lens cap?

The other day I was walking along on the streets when I kicked onto something black which bounced a few steps. Picked it up and see, woah! A canon eyepiece.

Yet another day walked passed the town council garbage bin below the block, saw a golden D5100 box.

Super Ho Seng Lee lah selling cameras!

Even on BnS, people selling old lens higher price than new lens from shop, still got people buy! :D

Haha I agree with the "wait long long".

When Canon adjusted the price of lenses downwards last year in Malaysia, our local price did not move a wee bit. Do you guys really think Nikon Sg will follow others. They will just adopt "Ai lai mai sua" attitude. In the end ppl LL still buy, some from Courts and Best Denki somemore.

For me, Technogadget FTW :)

Just go to our friendly neighboring country to do our camera shopping... you get warranty coverage too!

daredevil123 said:
Just go to our friendly neighboring country to do our camera shopping... you get warranty coverage too!

Haha yeah, then Johan Foto FTW for me :p

This means we can hope from better grey lens deal. The export sets usually comes from the continent south.

We can only wait and see if prices to head south locally. There are a lot of factors and forces that we do not or cannot see as consumers.

subzero said:
By population and demand ratio, Singapore is a big market.

Not as big as the china and us market

Actually, sometimes it can be the opposite. when a market is small, companies try to maximize their profits by higher pricing

Haha yeah, then Johan Foto FTW for me :p

Johan at times is a little more ex than the 2 stores downstairs. I have heard a lot of talk that indicate that they are related to and take stock from the store on the ground floor.

daredevil123 said:
Johan at times is a little more ex than the 2 stores downstairs. I have heard a lot of talk that indicate that they are related to and take stock from the store on the ground floor.

I always deal thru Anthony, the boss. Their opening price is about the same as other shops. My best was when I bargained $300RM off the opening price they gave to me for a lens. I think if you sincere to buy, he is pretty flexible in that.

And yes his uncle runs the other shop on the ground floor. Some call it "black shop". It's just like SLRR and Bally :)

I always deal thru Anthony, the boss. Their opening price is about the same as other shops. My best was when I bargained $300RM off the opening price they gave to me for a lens. I think if you sincere to buy, he is pretty flexible in that.

And yes his uncle runs the other shop on the ground floor. Some call it "black shop". It's just like SLRR and Bally :)

I think bally is a black shop no doubt.

SLRR - not really.

Singapore has TOO MANY RICH...... ( i.e. 4100 Cars equal or better than a Porsche ( Maserati, Lambo, Ferrari etc. ) were sold here in last 12 months !!! )

Good market for top product... Guess we need NO price reductions here :(

Actually, I never had problems with Berlian even when I dealt with the uncle. I shop in all 3 stores and they know that. I never had to bargin at any of the stores... I always get the best quote from all three stores. Maybe they know I know the prices too well in MY.

And for Johan, the usual practice for people who are not regular customers, the quote is always slightly higher than market. Sometimes even higher than Berlian or MeeToo's first quote. Then you have to work your way down. Once they know you, the prices come down a bit. But some items, MeeToo or even Berlian still sells it cheaper.

Last edited:
I think bally is a black shop no doubt.

SLRR - not really.

If you do not know about the relationship between Bally and SLRR already... it is time to do a search in CS. ;)

Think... good cop bad cop.

Nikon has DROPPED their lens pricing in Australia.... big drops I'm told. :)

This from a dealer:

AS AT 15/05/2012:
" Big news this week from Nikon Australia is the much anticipated re-positioning DOWNWARDS of Nikkor lens prices. Additionally, and equally welcome, Nikkor lens purchased from authorised dealers will be supplied with TWO (2) years factory warranty! "
"The 'big' three F2.8's remain the same price but HUGE price drops on PC-E Micro lenses and hefty reductions across the range."

Cross your fingers for SG :) :)

BTW, Nikon SG just got a price hike a few months ago... if you do not already know.

If you do not know about the relationship between Bally and SLRR already... it is time to do a search in CS. ;)

Think... good cop bad cop.

I am well aware of that. But thinking again, SLRR did not cheat my $ or rather not that I know of.

Bally once tried to scam me. I only believe on my experiences with them. SLRR is honest, low price, local warranty and service quality. I have no complains.

I am well aware of that. But thinking again, SLRR did not cheat my $ or rather not that I know of.

Bally once tried to scam me. I only believe on my experiences with them. SLRR is honest, low price, local warranty and service quality. I have no complains.

well... if you know the relationship then fine. That said, I buy from SLRR sometimes even though I know they most probably share owners.