Nikon plunges most since 1985

Drop more. Can't wait for D600 at $1.5K :)

I seriously doubt local D600 will drop to that price any soon though. Maybe when D600s is announced, maybe.

I seriously doubt local D600 will drop to that price any soon though. Maybe when D600s is announced, maybe.

Agree, prices still look very high in Singapore.

Wallet's hurting... need...cheaper... price.

Maybe Nikon hoping the sales in Singapore can cover their losses in Europe and China :think:. :bsmilie:

Hope Nikon won't be like Konica Minolta in the future...

Not gonna happen anytime soon but I recommend taking their quality control and public relations a little bit more serious.

You mean there is no Turbo mode? :cry:

I wish, and like the article said, I could just have one 24-70 or 24-120 and I can interpolate the file to 108MP and crop the picture as if it was 400mm shot :bsmilie:

I wish, and like the article said, I could just have one 24-70 or 24-120 and I can interpolate the file to 108MP and crop the picture as if it was 400mm shot :bsmilie:

Give me my Turbo mode. :angry:

glossy_turbo_button_1793.jpg

Ok lah, I tell you what button to press. After you turn on the power, within that 1s, you have to press all the buttons on your D800 simultaneously. You activate the turbo mode :)

Ok lah, I tell you what button to press. After you turn on the power, within that 1s, you have to press all the buttons on your D800 simultaneously. You activate the turbo mode :)

Thanks bro ;)

Drop more. Can't wait for D600 at $1.5K :)

Selling products at an even greater loss is the opposite of what they need to do.

If anything, the D600 hurt them - Nikon FF upgraders went for the cheap, lower-profit option instead of the high-margin models, or the high-margin top-end aps-c models.

Selling products at an even greater loss is the opposite of what they need to do.

If anything, the D600 hurt them - Nikon FF upgraders went for the cheap, lower-profit option instead of the high-margin models, or the high-margin top-end aps-c models.

Or it could also have been that Nikon FF upgraders doesn't feel that they need the whopping 36MP and humongous file sizes that comes with it.

For one, I started out with the D800E and eventually settled for the D600 as the 36MP is really not needed and the D600 came with a very nice package - 100%VF, FF and dual card slot, which I think is the 3 most important thing for a FF DSLR in today's context.

Maybe karma as so many people cursing with the dust issues on the D600.