Nikon P100

syperdicer

Dec 9, 2010
Hi guys

I'm a total noob at photography and would like to get a semi pro. Is Nikon P100 a good choice? If so, what is the street price for it like? If not, any recommendations? TIA! :D

get P7000

or save up more & get D3100 :)

Hi guys

I'm a total noob at photography and would like to get a semi pro. Is Nikon P100 a good choice? If so, what is the street price for it like? If not, any recommendations? TIA! :D

Based on the last Sitex price (25-28 Nov'10), P100 price is $699
With free gifts:
8GB SD Card, SD Card Reader, Cleaning Kit, Case, Mini Tripod, Umbrella, LCD Pad

umbrella? oO!!

P100 is just a prosumer, and it's not a DSLR that you can play with the lens. I can say that P100 is a good start on photography which currently I use as my practice on the manual mode before I get my DSLR.

Hi guys

I bought it for $580 when it was launch many months ago. The price now could be cheaper? very good camera, 26x zoom, good low light performance. Some photos taken by this camera to share...

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg

Last edited:
I bought it for $580 when it was launch many months ago. The price now could be cheaper? very good camera, 26x zoom, good low light performance. Some photos taken by this camera to share...

Thank you for sharing. Where was the photo taken ?
During your trip to Russia ? :)

I'm a total noob too:) Got my hands on P100 2mths ago. Till date i've taken about 500 +shots but still cant get the pics effect that i wanted.

I've seen lots of nice pictures taken from members here & seriously would like to understand more on operating my new toy.

This cam was recommended by the sales promoter & i was told its good for beginner to start with.

Any members currently using P100 do share your pointers w me:)

Cheers

I'm a total noob too:) Got my hands on P100 2mths ago. Till date i've taken about 500 +shots but still cant get the pics effect that i wanted.

I've seen lots of nice pictures taken from members here & seriously would like to understand more on operating my new toy.

This cam was recommended by the sales promoter & i was told its good for beginner to start with.

Any members currently using P100 do share your pointers w me:)

Cheers

Hmm you might try this course/workshop from Knowledgebowl here:
http://www.knowledgebowl.com.sg/photography.html

- Digital Compact Camera Basic Photography Workshop
- Digital Compact Camera Photography Course (Basic level)

They will teach you the useful tips and tricks :)