Nikon overload!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Nov 24, 2004
Central
Has anyone seen the Nikon ad blitz on the Straits Times today? 8 full colour, full page ads made the paper look like a Nikon catalog! What's up? Preparing for a new product launch?

Has anyone seen the Nikon ad blitz on the Straits Times today? 8 full colour, full page ads made the paper look like a Nikon catalog! What's up? Preparing for a new product launch?

Declaring War..... ;)

2molo Canon will release a 16 page print. :bsmilie:

Marketing dept has to clear budget :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: this reminds me so much of army. come dec, all the NCOs like me have to run ard singapore buying all sorts of weird things for the officers, just so we can finish using the $ b4 jan.

and u won't believe the weird things we had to buy in my 2.5yrs ... ;p

Nikon blitz....or did someone make a mistake and ran a month's worth of ads in a day? :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: this reminds me so much of army. come dec, all the NCOs like me have to run ard singapore buying all sorts of weird things for the officers, just so we can finish using the $ b4 jan.

no need NCO, me private that time got 40K budget/per year to spend:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

no need NCO, me private that time got 40K budget/per year to spend:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

muaahhaaaa.... u win liao. :bsmilie:

i dun think IHQ training branch had dat much left over during my time... think 3 NCOs, we had like $3K+ per person to spend...

Not only army....in privart sector too...my boss actually encouraged it....says if we do not spend it....means our project planning skill is poor and likelihood next year we wont get it :sweat: So every last quarter of the year we work until "face green green" in order to clear the project and make payment :sweat:

Kudos to Nikon...finally wake up thier idea on awareness:thumbsup:

Now the next step.....

how to reward loyal supporters and customers like me.....:D

Not only army....in privart sector too...my boss actually encouraged it....says if we do not spend it....means our project planning skill is poor and likelihood next year we wont get it :sweat: So every last quarter of the year we work until "face green green" in order to clear the project and make payment :sweat:

you can pass your budget to me,...i very good at spending $$:devil:

This is one of the most berserk things happening in the govt and now I hear the pte sector too. Can you imagine if you work hard and bring down the costs, improve productivity, and therefore expenditure drops, then the boss comes telling that you a BAD job by not spending the allocated budget.

This is one of the most berserk things happening in the govt and now I hear the pte sector too. Can you imagine if you work hard and bring down the costs, improve productivity, and therefore expenditure drops, then the boss comes telling that you a BAD job by not spending the allocated budget.

It depends...for small S&E we can understand because every dollar and cents will hit the owner and employee pocket directly :dunno:

But for a listed company like us, like it or not...a faction of the profit will be taxed, a portion will be distributed to shareholder and some will retain as working capital.....it doesn't matter if we spend $100k more or $100k less since the whole expenditure and profitable planning has been approved last year......once approved......it is the marketing dept responsibility to meet the target and our duty is to spend :D If the goal met then everyone will get the promised bonus and all walk home happy :devil:

Anyone know's how much that would have cost Nikon? 8x$30k=$240k!!!

I don't know, but all this money could have been used to reward us faithful Nikon supporters. They could have thrown a party for us and we would have been very grateful and support them even more. Or they can say, offer all Nikon lens owners free lens cleaning, free CCD cleaning, free servicing, etc, for a limited time, etc.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.