Nikon or Tokina Len

Which Fisheye will you buy, Nikon or Tokina

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alftan

Aug 10, 2004
Think of getting a fisheye len, which will you buy?

Nikon 10.5mm or Tokina 10mm~17mm

i would go with the tokina! really solid lens. :thumbsup:

could you explain how solid is the tokina lens thxs

Code:
Buy both.

Wow, you have powerful $$$ :bigeyes:

Think of giving a fisheye len, which will you buy?

Nikon 10.5mm or Tokina 10mm~17mm

If I'm the one receiving the lens, either one will do fine.. ;p

if i were on a budget and would like to have both FE and WA effect then the Tokina will be for me. but then again i am biase as i am planning on getting the tokina too haha.

however if budget is not a problem then always i insist on nikkor. always!
ps: sad thing though, the Tokina cannot work on film camera =(

if i were on a budget and would like to have both FE and WA effect then the Tokina will be for me. but then again i am biase as i am planning on getting the tokina too haha.

however if budget is not a problem then always i insist on nikkor. always!
ps: sad thing though, the Tokina cannot work on film camera =(

I would get the AF DX Fisheye 10.5mm f/2.8G ED, which also wouldn't work on a film camera without vignetting.

I would get the AF DX Fisheye 10.5mm f/2.8G ED, which also wouldn't work on a film camera without vignetting.

Sorry wouldn't work with film camera without vignetting why you prefer Nikon? It does not have zoom right but it a f2.8?

Sorry wouldn't work with film camera without vignetting why you prefer Nikon? It does not have zoom right but it a f2.8?
1- FE doesn't need to zoom.
2- for FF, there's always the FE 16mm/2.8

Bec of it's optics. It may be me, but I like the color rendition of the 10.5mm, small and compact too! ;p

1- FE doesn't need to zoom.
2- for FF, there's always the FE 16mm/2.8
Spot on bro! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Hopefully after the PMA, I'll be out there hunting for a 16mm (Would still be a Nikon ;p )! *HINT*HINT*! ;)

hmmm... im currently saving up for tt fisheye lens but comparing both... with enuff or w/o enuff $$, my vote still goes to TOKINA! TOKINA! TOKINA! :bsmilie:

I was deciding between these 2 lens, but ultimately gave in to nikkor FE. Primary reason is I need a large aperture lens for night land scape/photography since i dont own a 2.8 at the moment, except for the economic 50mm 1.8

++

also - fisheye for landscape?!?!

I find there's nothing wrong or unusual with using a FE for landscapes.
Maybe it's my style or maybe I would like a different perspective, I may very well use a FE. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.