Nikon or Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerald28

Jan 31, 2010
Hi guys have been really scratching my head over these few days till someone recommend me this web so tks guy out there pse give yr honest advice

To choose between Nikon d300 or Canon 7d tks ya guys

Hello, gerald28.
Firstly a very warm welcome to you.
And... to be very honest, your question cannot be answered just like that.
I am sure before you even started scratching your head, you must have gone up to countless review sites on both D300 (and D300s) and 7D.
And you must have had some pre-formed opinion on both.
I doubt if any CS members (experienced or otherwise) can help you in your answer.
And if I do give you an answer, it will be nothing short of a wild shot based solely on my own prejudice.

Do not take offence. I think what I said is not far from the truth, right?

Go to some shops, try both the camera, and only you can "feel" which is the right one for you. ;)

Hi!

Both systems are excellent- I dont think you will go wrong going down any of two routes. But if you really want advice, I would say pick a system used by your friends. That makes it easy to solve setting errors, as well as allow a large variety of lens to borrow and try out before a purchase. My colleagues at work all use Nikons- when we are out shooting, it is a riot with so much lens swapping going around. Its a lens buffet, and speedlights galore!

Hope this helps.

Nikon!
no
Canon!
no
Pentax!
no
Olympus!
no
Leica!
no

pse give yr honest advice

Canon user will give you honest advise : 7d
Nikon user will give you honest advise : d300

Honestly, you got to make your own decision. Try handling of both cam and decide from there

Don't buy etiher, go Sony.

See how pointless it is to ask? YOU will buy the camera, so YOU should be the one to test it, hold it in your hands.

Hold the camera and also go web to see the color signature of the different brands. GOod luck in getting yr first DSLR;)

as the Digital Camera january 2010 issue compared the both camera, 7D was the winner. its also cheaper. but the camera is jus a tool. its the skills that matter may it be nikon, pentax, canon or sony.

for the price of the 7D on the other hand, its very close to the price of the Sony A850 Full Frame.

really depends what you want to use the camera for so its very important to highlight your priorities.

Oh yeah, sony alpha ... nice one ...

Sony a850.

See.. pointless to ask. Buy what you NEED and feels COMFORTABLE. You also need to know if the difference in price is justifable for the gain.

And dont always trust web reviews and especially the salesman

Welcome aboard dude..As everyone suggested, visit any of the shops and play around with your preferred choices. Ergonomics is important and you should not be frustrated in fiddling around with menus for settings that can be done easily using command dials. Both 7D and D300(D300S) are awesome APS-C cameras and you won't go wrong with either one of them. Sony's are interesting too and you'd be surprised at their fleet of cameras, lenses and accessories these days ;)

Hello, gerald28.
Firstly a very warm welcome to you.
And... to be very honest, your question cannot be answered just like that.
I am sure before you even started scratching your head, you must have gone up to countless review sites on both D300 (and D300s) and 7D.
And you must have had some pre-formed opinion on both.
I doubt if any CS members (experienced or otherwise) can help you in your answer.
And if I do give you an answer, it will be nothing short of a wild shot based solely on my own prejudice.

Do not take offence. I think what I said is not far from the truth, right?

:thumbsup: as usual i'm amazed at lim's insight.

a real photographer can use any camera. u can throw me a 35mm, a nikon, a canon, a sony alpha, a old konica minolta (i started out with this film brand btw.)

all i can use.

cause afterall, what really matters is u know how to operate. almost all cameras are the same for the operating features.

i suggest u start off with film photography first. learn the preciousness of getting each shot right first before u invest a good 3-4k in dslrs.

tat was the advice given to me by a 40 year older sempai.

Really feel so welcome here tks ya guys for all the advice and the warm welcome

Welcome to CS.
Whichever brand is fine, just that you got to like the camera that you got.
Don't turn this into a potential brand war.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.