Nikon or Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin168

Sep 4, 2008
Hi, Im new to photography :)

I want to buy a dSLR and I've heard that Nikon & Canon are good manufacturers in dSLR's.
But what I want to know is, which is better? Or are there any other brands that are good in dSLR's?

Thanks! :D

I want to buy a dSLR and I've heard that Nikon & Canon are good manufacturers in dSLR's.
But what I want to know is, which is better? Or are there any other brands that are good in dSLR's?

both are good. google is your friend and will tell you the individual specs and pls try out the two brands in shops. money is yours and we're not going to tell you how to spend it.

:hung: Uh-oh........ :bsmilie:

For Nikon vs Canon, go through their respective forums hosted in clubsnap, and see what people are saying about their cameras.

For others: You can view the Pentax, Olympus, and Sony forums too.

Which one is better: :bsmilie: the one that best fits your needs and you are most comfortable with! Thus try before you buy is the best method of selection!

This year, Nikon may be better, next year Canon, another year Nikon, another year Canon. So how to tell you which is better? :dunno:

Have a few models within your budget in mind, maybe can look at Sony, Pentax and Olympus also, go to a shop and try to see which ones you feel comfortable with. After that stick with it even though another brand may be leading in the following years. Changing system is expensive.

Last edited:
Do remember to check the price of the lens of different brands as certain brands are more expensive.

Tough to answer your question. I'm using a Canon set which I find fantastic and Nikon has recently come up with the D300 and D700 which seem to have better features than Canon. At the end of the day, choose your budget and test the cameras. Both have their pluses and their minuses.

Some pointers would be to have a thought about what kind of features you require, what types of shots you take. Do you take more paranomic landscape shots or do you take more portraits? What type of accessories would you need? Do factor in all these costs before taking the step in purchasing your camera.

There are many good DSLR brands. It's a good idea to look beyond C and N. Also, do try to do your own research... Don't ask to be spoonfed with other people's opinions.

remember to take you time at the camera shop to try out the cameras. don't rush into buying. go back to the shop a few times to try them out.

seriously, just handle the cameras and see which one do you fall in love first :heart:. Both are reputable and you cant go wrong. after you buy it, you wont ask this question again :)

Toyota and Nissan are both reputable car manufacturers with reliable products. Which one is better? TEST IT FOR YOURSELF lor. Don't ask questions which people can't answer.

as entropy_h always says...
Just get the Nikon D3. Confirm the photos will be WOW and u won't regret this purchase.

as entropy_h always says...
Just get the Nikon D3. Confirm the photos will be WOW and u won't regret this purchase.

Or wait a week and get the Sony A900. ;)

There are as many good DSLR brands as the number of subforums under the Equipment Discussion forum, if not more.

Decide on your budget,
shortlist some cameras,
check their features,
pop down to a shop to see how they handle,
pay for camera,
start shooting.

below are what i personally think about all the brands.
normally there are about three level in camera. entry level, advance level and the Flagship level. and now, only sony, nikon and cannon are the three which are able to produce camera with Fullframe sensor. then if you compared entry and advance model only, most brand are about the same, the different are little and they all have their own strength. so the best to do is set which level of camera you wanted to buy and then try all the brands and feel it. chose the one you comfortable with. for now, the best camera will be nikon's D3 or D700.
but thing's might change within 1-3 months time.
but, whatever you buy, buy the latest model!!!:sweatsm:

Why bother with Nikon or Canon? I'm not supporting the D3 or 1Ds MkIII anymore.

I say buy the Hasselblad H3DII-39MS. This camera has 39 megapixels, which means the pictures you take confirm will make people go WOW.

Nikon all the way brutha!

Know your requirements and work out a budget. Shortlist possible models from both manufacturers that fits your needs and budget. Walk into the shop and all those shortlisted cameras a try, whichever feels more comfortable will be the one for you. Composition and technical proficiency makes a greater difference to the pictures compared to just having a top-end camera.

the D∞ :thumbsup: guaranteed satisfaction. it was brought to mars and still worked. ∞megapixel sensor and ∞AF points. confirm the best :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.