Nikon or Canon which to keep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNNOngQW

Jan 3, 2007
Hello guys,
This will sound COMPLETELY ridiculous, but I just wanna be on the safe side. Ive got 2 film bodies, the Nikon F65 and the Canon EOS-1, given that I be getting a DSLR soon, which do I keep and which do I "throw". :) thanks.

ANd also, are battery grips and powerdrive the same things? Or are they different? Or a grip basically combines the power drive and battery pack in one. (film cameras):confused:

more likely depend on what lenses you own also, go to the shop and try them and choose which systems you prefer.

what lenses do you have that comes with your FSLR package?

if they are basically the "kit lens" of the respective camersa then you can choose to start anew with either side.

can't recommend. later flame war. lol. it is best to go down. see what you like. then MTL BBB.

shouldnt u decide which DSLR u are getting first before making this decision?

if you get a canon DSLR, and down the line u will be getting more lenses, then it would make more sense ot keep the canon as the EF lenses are interchangeable.

likewise if u get a nikon DSLR, keep the nikon.

if you get any other DSLR mount, keep the canon :D

As of always.. it's your choice.. choose the one u're more comfortable with..

and...

with regard to ur film cameras.. i'd say keep both! since u already have them u never know if u might want to use it.. and some years down the road they're going to have really good value........

maybe depends on the digital camera u r getting. if nikon dslr, then keep nikon film slr. if canon dslr, then keep canon film slr. if not nikon dslr and not canon dslr, keep canon film slr.

Hello guys,
This will sound COMPLETELY ridiculous, but I just wanna be on the safe side. Ive got 2 film bodies, the Nikon F65 and the Canon EOS-1, given that I be getting a DSLR soon, which do I keep and which do I "throw". :) thanks.

ANd also, are battery grips and powerdrive the same things? Or are they different? Or a grip basically combines the power drive and battery pack in one. (film cameras):confused:
EOS 1 is a pro body, F65 is an amateur body. You choose yourself. What about your lenses?
But if you're sellng, I believe the EOS 1 will fetch you more $$ but you lose more also.

For DSLR, you don't need to wind the film, so there's no drive required.

to be frank, either body probably wouldnt fetch much now. might as well keep both and play with it when you feel like it.

I'd keep the EOS-1 if i'd were you. like the others mentioned, coz its a pro body.

If you still having reservations, go try out both Canon and Nikon's DSLRs then decide.

Apparently if you do a side by side comparison for the similiar range of Nikon and Canon lenses, MTF50 in LW/PH of Nikon seems to be better.

Slowly browse thru the lenses review at:
http://www.photozone.de

Personally, I like Canon 5D and Nikon lenses. :sweatsm:

Dump the worthless Nikon, take the Canon.

Dump the worthless Nikon, take the Canon.

Stop posting such post in this Nikon Forum. And I have already issued a warning before. Infraction given!

To other members, while fair and objective remarks on the quality and issues against Nkon are welcome here, as part of a healthy discussion. Such post (as above) do not contribute to anything but incite flaming. I will not hesitate to issue infraction that will lead to banning of account in future!

Below are just my opinion.

Despite using Nikon, I feel that Canon has slightly better PRO body selections (in terms of features, not functionality) right now, starting from the 5D. Below the 5D, the playing ground are almost similar. But I prefer Nikon lenses. Ultimately still depends on which brand you are more used to.

Stop posting such post in this Nikon Forum. And I have already issued a warning before. Infraction given!

To other members, while fair and objective remarks on the quality and issues against Nkon are welcome here, as part of a healthy discussion. Such post (as above) do not contribute to anything but incite flaming. I will not hesitate to issue infraction that will lead to banning of account in future!
Good one Mod,

though he probably meant that the F65 is worth less than a pro body Eos1, it's still insulting to Nikon when put in this aspect.

I would say keep both since both wont have ready buyers in the market, get a body you like and get new lenses! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.