Nikon or Canon Compact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHN2000

Aug 26, 2006
Hi,

Though I have been in CS for quite sometimes but still very new to it.

Wanna ask for advise for Nikon Coolpix L10 and Canon Ixus 70.

I heard that Nikon's compact it's not really great due to the resolution. I heard only.. but I am not really sure about it. Thus, I need tthe experts here to advise me...

I'm considering Nikon Coolpix L10 cos of budget but if it's really not that good then I would rather wait.

Thanks =)

Good compacts:

Canon IXUS 850IS, Fujifilm F31fd.

Check out DP Review and Imaging Resource for digital camera reviews which are balanced and quite accurate. Google is your best friend!

For me, either Fuji F31D or Canon Powershot A710IS.

I recommend Fujifilm F31fd from MS Color... :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thank's for all the replies.

I wanted to get Canon Ixus 70 and I've checked with MS Color, it's S$480.

As a student, I have own budget, that's why I am made to take Nikon Coolpix L10 into consideration as it's only S$220.

Thus, I am now thinking if I should just get Coolpix L10 or wait to save up some more to get Canon Ixus 70.

But since I heard that Nikon Compact Camera is not very good, that is why I need to seek for advice before I make the final decision.

Thanks

Hi,

As a student, I have own budget, that's why I am made to take Nikon Coolpix L10 into consideration as it's only S$220.

Thus, I am now thinking if I should just get Coolpix L10 or wait to save up some more to get Canon Ixus 70.

But since I heard that Nikon Compact Camera is not very good, that is why I need to seek for advice before I make the final decision.

Thanks

If budget is a problem, get the fujifilm f20 if you must have a new camera. Else buy a fujifilm f11 off the buy and sell forum. Anything else is just second class.

Hi,

Thanks

If budget the constraint, get the F20 from MS Color at $299. Not all cam from each brands are good, so do not get the Fujifilm A700 nor the Nikon L10... You will regret..

If you have a budget and want to make sure that your first camera is sufficiently good, get the F31fd else the F20. Most PnS will require some level of PS and alike, some like the Fuji will require less or none.

I'd go for a Canon. I had major quality problems with a Nikon compact a while back.
Entry level compacts are 200-300, but you get what you pay for. Quality goes up from 300+.

Since u have a budget, I would recommend u to go for f20 at ms colour @299. I'm very tempted to buy. If not for my 1 yr old Z2, I would have snapped up the offer. F series are known for their low noise and night shots. Do keep that in mind. If u buy L10, u will regret. If u buy Ixus 70, u will regret cos no stabliser n it's 400 plus, paying for the outlook. Go for f20 ba. U can check out the picture quality at the fuji forum for f20 samples, so chio.

hav you considered 2nd hand? since your budget is pretty tight.:think:

and also....no lumix for me. Picture quality can make u cry when u mark them to high ISO. It's realli q jialat. Japan made or China made is not that important. For F31fd, tho china made still receive great reviews. So the place of birth for cameras is secondary. Dun be blind by that. Casio cameras oso japan made, just like their calculators. Picture quality oso not good. So u understand what i'm trying to put across?

just as chinese saying goes, hero doesn't care abt where he's from. haha. just like cameras.

i suggest shortlist 1 nikon, 1 canon, 1 fuji, 1 whatever. then go shop and test. see which you prefer.

i highly recommend the f31d though. good color, low noise, good video :p

i suggest shortlist 1 nikon, 1 canon, 1 fuji, 1 whatever. then go shop and test. see which you prefer.

i highly recommend the f31d though. good color, low noise, good video :p

u can go MS colour to shop, the staff der are more patient and friendly than SLS salesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.