Nikon 'No' to Full Frame in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, read it off other forums already.

Seriously no point...

Cheesecake said:
jus read this.. posted up yet?

read this... interesting article.
Sigh... :rolleyes: Some craps again... might as well the 'Nikon top official' says that they would come up with 4:3 in the digital era... why still want to stick to 3:2 and says "... 35mm is a film format, which I do not think is necessary in the digital era," :rolleyes:

Also just wondering, "... change in the size of the sensor would possibly puzzle some users in finding effective focal length related to angle of view," what he meant by this?!?!? So does that mean F6 and other film bodies users are currently 'puzzle in finding effective focal length related to angle of view'

This is really crap!;(

Nikon comes out with 6x6 6x8 and 6x10 format? Now that would surely shut the FF and the other side up for sure :bsmilie:

maybe mistranslated ;p the nikon guy did say they considered the "possibility of commercializing a 35mm full-size sensor" though.

Cheesecake said:
aiyo... not never la... but in the near future la...
:bsmilie:
Anything from the date of the article posted can be the 'future' already.. *ahem* ;p

Sigh.... I'm personally kinda hoping to see a FF offering by Nikon which would hopefully give Canon a kick in the butt to lower the prices of future FF offerings....

Rumours like these dims the candle of hope. :(

espn said:
Anything from the date of the article posted can be the 'future' already.. *ahem* ;p

yupz, i'm ashamed to admit that i do not haf any DX lenses...:embrass: i m ready for Nikon's Digital Full Frame should it happen, materialise, arrive... etc.etc.

it so happens that i do not need any lenses of that(DX) range and offering, yet la...

Near Future, I'd take that as being the next couple of generations of body releases, say 3-5 years. The fact is there is no need for a full frame DSLR from Nikon, now or in the forseeable future, so for all those whiners and whingers out there, get over it and get some DX glass.

Ian

Note: The contents of this post have nothing to do with my official capacity as Moderator of this forum, all views expresses above are my personal views.

3-5 years.... :think:

Ah! That means I can buy the 'AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED' now I/O the 'AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED'.

Although a better lens, the trinity lens would be too heavy for a 50 yr old:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.