Nikon lenses


Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
Hi guys! Anyone is interested in these lenses? I have lobang for them. All are BRAND NEW grey set, i.e. no warranty from Nikon Singapore. Note that this is not an MO. So pay only if you want to buy, i.e. after seeing the lenses.

1) AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 IF ED VR - $2,650

2) AF-S 28-70mm f2.8 IF ED - $2,450

3) AF 80-200mm f2.8D ED - $1,400

4) SB-800 - $540

5) AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II - $550
 

Bernard Ong

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
405
0
0
Does the price above include GST? Does it cover your commision also?
 

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
Bernard Ong said:
Does the price above include GST? Does it cover your commision also?
The prices quoted are NETT. No hidden costs, etc. :)

For info, Cathay Photo quoted me the following :

1) AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 IF ED VR - $3,200 with GST

2) AF-S 28-70mm f2.8 IF ED - $3,000 with GST

So how much saving can u saved? You have to think about it. :D
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
do these grey sets come with warranty from their country of origin?? At least can send back? or any shop warranty?
 

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
JAG said:
do these grey sets come with warranty from their country of origin?? At least can send back? or any shop warranty?
There is no shop warranty otherwise they would be charging you a premium, just like when you purchase from TCW. You can treat it as brand new 2nd hand stuff but you know that it has been not abused or used. ;)

In any case of faulty, you can always send it to TCW or Nikon Singapore for servicing.

>$500 saving justifies the risk as far as I am concerned. If you don't have a strong heart to take risk, then it's better for you to stay out of grey sets. :think:
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
Thanks for that,, no i dont mind grey as Nikon is supposed to be made well so it dont brake down rite,, hehe..
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
JAG said:
do these grey sets come with warranty from their country of origin?? At least can send back? or any shop warranty?
Lenses have international warranty, so if it does come with warranty card, all you need is a receipt and you're ready to claim a year's of warranty. And of course the cost will be cheaper still, but it won't be that cheap anymore ;)
 

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
espn said:
Lenses have international warranty, so if it does come with warranty card, all you need is a receipt and you're ready to claim a year's of warranty. And of course the cost will be cheaper still, but it won't be that cheap anymore ;)
Yes, I agree. There is Nikon local or International warranty but then the saving would only be marginally or some even selling at the same price as Singapore. So what is the point of getting from other sources, etc. Save the trouble too.

Grey sets without warranty are the cheapest of all.
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,605
0
0
44
Yep, even 'grey' lenses should have warranty, as Nikkor lenses have international warranty -since you claim that they are "BRAND NEW". So these sets should come with the warranty card of the country of origin, unless they are 2nd hand items, then different story :D
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
GYR, think you got the definition of grey a bit wrong?

Grey means that the good are exported for sale, such goods normally do not bear warranty cards and come much cheaper. However they are brand new and at the point of exporting the warranty cards are removed, and in no way are the quality inferior and such.

As long as the len comes with a warranty card (check the back of your warranty card), it should read "International Warranty" (or something forgot). These aren't grey lenses because they're just bought over from elsewhere and sold locally. Of course such practices are well discouraged by local distributors. :)

Thus grey & warrantied sets command different prices because of the warranty. Which in fact is just a card. :)

Wow... a card is so important :bsmilie:
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
espn said:
Lenses have international warranty, so if it does come with warranty card, all you need is a receipt and you're ready to claim a year's of warranty. And of course the cost will be cheaper still, but it won't be that cheap anymore ;)
you mean any nikon lense with a warranty form other countries can claim warranty from nikon singapore?? cool
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
JAG said:
you mean any nikon lense with a warranty form other countries can claim warranty from nikon singapore?? cool
Only with a valid receipt & warranty card ;) note the back of the warranty card depicts the type of warranty, so far -

"Limited" > mostly digital bodies
"Worldwide" > mostly lenses & flashes & SLRs I believe :)

Correct me if I'm wrong :)
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,605
0
0
44
Oh, I thought grey = parallel imported items, i.e items that are brought in by a 3rd party other than the local, authorised distributor.. didn't know got such thing as export items with the warranty cards removed thing.. hmmm, guess you learn something new every day.. :)

GYR
 

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
espn said:
GYR, think you got the definition of grey a bit wrong?

Grey means that the good are exported for sale, such goods normally do not bear warranty cards and come much cheaper. However they are brand new and at the point of exporting the warranty cards are removed, and in no way are the quality inferior and such.

As long as the len comes with a warranty card (check the back of your warranty card), it should read "International Warranty" (or something forgot). These aren't grey lenses because they're just bought over from elsewhere and sold locally. Of course such practices are well discouraged by local distributors. :)

Thus grey & warrantied sets command different prices because of the warranty. Which in fact is just a card. :)

Wow... a card is so important :bsmilie:
Thanks espn for the clarification. Many people have mis-perception on grey sets.

I guess that only those who know what is "grey set" will buy it.
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,605
0
0
44
Yes, confirmed by Nikon SIngapore when I asked them if my 70-200VR lens bought in Malaysia would have valid international warranty. No problems on that :)

BTW, the 70-200VR, while not as cheap as that offered here, is sold in Malaysia (KL) for just slightly more than the prices quoted here, and it comes with a warranty card as well. So why take the risk?

BTW, this is only for the 70-200VR, not sure about the prices of the other lenses quoted here. :)
 

gooseberry

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
1,952
0
0
Central West
Gymrat76 said:
BTW, the 70-200VR, while not as cheap as that offered here, is sold in Malaysia (KL) for just slightly more than the prices quoted here
Hmmm... at the current exchange rate - only $20+ more than the above quote.

Pretty good prices for the above items though...
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
Gymrat76 said:
Yes, confirmed by Nikon SIngapore when I asked them if my 70-200VR lens bought in Malaysia would have valid international warranty. No problems on that :)

:)
cool, thanks for the confirm..
 

USM

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
14,982
0
0
Visit site
gooseberry said:
Hmmm... at the current exchange rate - only $20+ more than the above quote.

Pretty good prices for the above items though...
Since eveyone claims that it is cheaper to buy in Malaysia with valid warranty, then I guess that these deals are not good. Hence, it would be closed. Thank you. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.