Nikon Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydesg

Apr 13, 2003
Visit site
guys,
im thinking of getting the AF-S Micro 105 f/2.8 VR

what do you guys shoot with lense of this range?

actually im thinking of either this AF-S Micro 105 f/2.8 VR or the 18-200mm vr
please suggest me. or the 70-200 sigma f2.8 hsm lense

i have a 18-55 with a nikon d40

im interested in shooting sceneries, and do product shoots.

if you want to shoot scenery, then you will be better off with a good copy of 10-20sigma. Product shoot? the 85mmPC lens.

105VR is a sharp lens but it is also big and bulky. Not an everyday lens, pretty specialized.
18-200 Good travel lens, jack of all trades but master of none.
70-200, good mid tele lens, portraits/sports/candids. fast af

there is no one lens to do all.... since you already have the 18-55, getting the nikkor micro 105vr will do wonders for your product shots...

the 18-200mmVR will produce pretty much the same quality as your 18-55mm when stopped down for scenery, so no point getting the 18-200mm for the wide end if that is what you intended. but if you are thinking of ultilising the telephoto end of the 18-200mm and using it as a travel lens, then it is a different story.... :)

imo, with that kinda money you are better off getting a proper tele lens.

for product shoots do consider the cheaper tamron 90mm, the extra 15mm not likely to be so useful, neither do you really need AFS / VR. then u could use the spare cash for something else (another flash?) or just save it up.

for product shoots do consider the cheaper tamron 90mm, the extra 15mm not likely to be so useful, neither do you really need AFS / VR. then u could use the spare cash for something else (another flash?) or just save it up.

AF-S the TS will need for auto-focussing with his D40.

Doesn't really look like you know why you want to get each lens. I suggest you continue shooting with the kit lens to find out which end you are lacking in.

AF-S the TS will need for auto-focussing with his D40.

true true... with macro most of the time would be in MF though.. u got a pt there still! I forgot it was a d40!

Status
Not open for further replies.