nikon lens with pentax

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANK CHEN

Nov 20, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Hi! everyone, just need to know can nikon afd lens use on pentax mz3 body??

Thanks
Regards
FRank

Looks like Mz3 is K mount and not F mount, thus Nikkor lenses won't be reusable on the body IIC.

But i read a review seems that can use but must get an adapter.

Anyone have any idea.

Thanks
Regards
FRank

I have no idea on the adapter thing so I can't comment much :)

FRANK CHEN said:
But i read a review seems that can use but must get an adapter.
Yeah, the adopter is available in the US, but my friends said that it's not very popular. In fact, there are adopters available for all mades of brands, eg Canon-Nikon, but they are not main-stream products, thus not easily available unless you have sources to get it for you. Major camera companies eg Nikon, Canon, definitely won't be making nor selling such adopters though.

I just bought a Pentax mount Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX lens from a Nikon user. He used it with an adapter on his Nikon body (film) but he said there was no auto-focus. He had to MF. He sold it (like brand new lens) to me for less then S$850. Now I'm done with lens hunting ... at least for now ;)

fengwei said:
I just bought a Pentax mount Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX lens from a Nikon user. He used it with an adapter on his Nikon body (film) but he said there was no auto-focus. He had to MF. He sold it (like brand new lens) to me for less then S$850. Now I'm done with lens hunting ... at least for now ;)

Yeah.... Finally you have your fast telephoto lens..! :bsmilie:

Spyer2 said:
Yeah.... Finally you have your fast telephoto lens..! :bsmilie:

;) Bought it from a guy in Guang Xi (a southern province of China). Sent to me in two days after I made the payment. Pity the weather is really very bad lately. I even didn't get out of my home in the past three days :( Not too much use for this lens in our small apartment.

Will try it out when I get back to SG :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.