nikon lens made in thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapman

May 27, 2006
hi guys! was in tokyo couple of days ago and went window shopping for camera and found out to my amazement,some nikon lens are made in thailand and china . ask a couple of salesman and confirm its true, also was told only canon lens made in japan. another interesting thing is that D70s is cheaper then canon 350d by approx.$200SGD. anyway, i was qouted 100000yen nett,about $1400 sgd for D70s with 18-70 kit lens,tripod and lens bag. u guys think its a good price? fyi, the new sony alpha dslr is selling like hot cake now!;)

So is the nikon lens cheaper over at Japan compare to Singapore.

$1400 is a good deal. But id wait and seee what nikons new camera is, that is being unveiled in 16 days time, its a replacement for d70s (probably) which you may be interested in, or it may bring the d70s price down even more.

Also dont worry about made in Thailand, been using the d70s and 18-70 for long time now, no problems, quality very good, especially for a kit lens.

retail price generally are higher price, but they do give discount, the D70s price was qouted tax free and with further discount. what i didn't know is that some nikon lens are made in thailand and even china, and only canon lens all made in japan. i've always thought its the other way round. :confused:

thanks dude for sharing your pics, great shots u have there! i'm not doubting the quality, the salesman told me too that even its made outside japan, they are still high quality lens. it's just that i'm in a situation like many others doing homework and deciding which dslr to invest in. i must say after having hands-on feel of most of the cameras, nikon still my favourite albeit a little heavier.:)

I mentioned in one of my earlier post that i have 2 copies of 18-200vr.
I actually prefer the thailand made copy over the japan made one.

"made-in-wherever" does it matter in this gobalised world?

Hmmm,

Maybe can ask Nikon to have German made lens(es) for top notch quality lens(es) :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

no worries about where the lens is made in...

As long as there is proper QA done...have no problem liaoz...

gapman said:
anyway, i was qouted 100000yen nett,about $1400 sgd for D70s with 18-70 kit lens,tripod and lens bag. u guys think its a good price?

Good price or not it depends how urgent you need it.

I was quoted 12000.00 for a local set of 1ds MK II. :dunno:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.