Nikon forum so garang

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornwild4

Sep 24, 2010
Take it ez bros. Frankly, i notice Nikon forum is not that friendly.
Sometime, a stupid question does help a lot to some.

So, either u answer it nicely or dont reply. :)
That's my point.. Thx

catchlights said:
can you be more specific on which threads or posts? else your intention might be mistaken.

Most of them, and those threads will be lock.

I used to join and handle cars forum, we share and we advice rather than hits the TS and than lock the thread.

ts. there are lots of information available out there especially on the internet. Especially so for photography.

What this has made me is, I will always exhaust all my available information channel before posting a question. Learn to be more self reliance instead of relying on others. On top of this, if there are things that I can't remember clearly, I will make sure that I will check on the facts before before making a suggestion. imho, this make sharing of information and ideas accurate and efficient.

ts. there are lots of information available out there especially on the internet. Especially so for photography.

What this has made me is, I will always exhaust all my available information channel before posting a question. Learn to be more self reliance instead of relying on others. On top of this, if there are things that I can't remember clearly, I will make sure that I will check on the facts before before making a suggestion. imho, this make sharing of information and ideas accurate and efficient.

some people just like to have other spoon fed them the info they want,
so I think TS's intention is let's us be kind to these kind of people...

coolthought said:

Wah, like tat than no need to have a forum leh. Coz forum is to seek question and share.
Same thing apply, u tot u already read up.. Than u post a question and ppl start to hit u back.

Actually, he only miss 1 thing to solve the problem..
End up, he TS solved his owned problem and non of the members here give a solution for him.

For whatever reason, you are always right because u are the mod here.
U can lock this thread if u wish too.

I only say what i feel not right. If you feel this is wrong, it is up to you.

I guess most CSers appreciate if thread starters can do some home work first before asking questions. If not, it will be rubbish-in-rubbish-out. You ask silly questions, you will get silly answers.

For certain things that you still dun understand, you better state that you have already done your home work (such as googling or look at past CS threads) and need help. I'm sure there will be kind souls around to help you.

Last but not least, there are some comments that you need to take it with a pinch of salt. It will make your life in CS happier. :)

some people just like to have other spoon fed them the info they want,
so I think TS's intention is let's us be kind to these kind of people...

i have not really bothered with these people in the last few months.
frankly, it gets tiring giving the same advise for the same question over and over.
a little effort from a "newbie" wouldn't hurt, i mean, i got gunned down before as well, learned my lesson, exhausted all my options before asking another newbie question. it helps everybody. plus, nothing wrong with being self-sufficient, being able to use a computer and a digital camera means these people are no longer children that need spoon feeding.

it just becomes irritating to see these things. and what i do now is just shrug it off. now i don't know if it's something to laugh about or be sad about.

BTW, why is the nikon forum being singled out? there's supposed to be a newbie section for newbies. so if question is posted here, wouldn't it be a little more advanced than a newbie question?

Last edited:
Wah, like tat than no need to have a forum leh. Coz forum is to seek question and share.
Same thing apply, u tot u already read up.. Than u post a question and ppl start to hit u back.

End up, he TS solved his owned problem and non of the members here give a solution for him.

me?? I'm not mod here. Too stressful lah.

You miss read my post here. I said, "this make sharing of information and ideas accurate and efficient"
hope this will help dispel the dark cloud hovering around you.

latest check the Nikon forum, of 60 threads in two weeks time span, 7 threads were locked, 3 threads were deleted.

of all the 7 locked threads, 3 threads locked by mods, the rest by threads started themselves.

of all the 3 threads were deleted, all are posted at the wrong section, deleted by thread started or mods.

if you are referring to the locked thread by mods,
here are the three,

latest price of D90 kit (18-105) ?

this thread locked by me, there is a Nikon price guild available and I provided the link, members are encouraged to do some research before start a thread.

Nikon lens make in china
this thread locked by Mod chngPE01
from time to time such thread will pop out, IMO, what make the difference (quality) on the photos are largely by the photographer. thread serve no purpose unless ones interested on collection of lenses.

D700 Overexpose

this one locked by me, thread starter showing ignorance and arrogant from the first post and the following posts.
however, there is no name calling or abusive language being use by responding members.
lack of knowledge is not the cause of the locking of this thread, but the tone is.

I used to join and handle cars forum, we share and we advice rather than hits the TS and than lock the thread.
there aren't many locked threads around in nikon, so can guess pretty much know which one(s) you are referring to.

there are really many dimension to this...

thread starters - as some have suggested time and time again, do your homework first. this comment is in general, and not specific to any TS. by having some foundation / understanding of the issues, you are also better able to breakdown what's going on, and would also be in a better position to understand the feedback or comments. but we will still get the "it is like that, how?" thread, which open up all sorts of avenues to be flamed.

other CSers - i urge all to contribute, but contribute positively, else pls don't bother. we are all here to share, learn, and enjoy photography. no one is an idiot here, neither do we have any Gods in our midst. what we do have are different ppl at different levels of proficiency and understand of the art and the equipment used in this art. so pls, don't act like childish idiots, and on the other extreme, don't have in your head that you're a God either and start being condescending towards others who might not know as much.

everyone - things can get lost in translation very easy over the net, more specifically, when you're not face-2-face. a typo, england too powderful, england not powderful enough... some understand, tolerance, and patience, pls.

"the closers of threads" don't close a thread straight away and tell the TS to RTFM... if everyone can be on the ball, sharing and learning can happen very quickly. but if things gets out of hand, and ppl start flaming and SHOUTING as e-tempers rise... we'll consider closing the thread.

how do we achieve this magical balance in e-zen to create a condusive environment where everyone logs on to learn and share without a nasty thought in their mind? we're still working on it... but i think we all have to work together on it.

i'm closing this thread now, to not get everyone worked up unnecessarily, but also because it has nothing to do with nikon equipment.

TS - if you still feel strongly about this, i'd invite you to take this offline.

As you can see here, being too reliant on single source and assuming all are the same. This sharing of information becomes inaccurate and serve this thread ts no favor.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/901357-Thinking-of-getting-a-better-DSLR!?p=7194167#post7194167

it is written in the term and condition of the use of this forum.

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

btw,

Moderator, meaning;
Someone who presides over a forum or debate
Someone who mediates disputes and attempts to avoid violence

we are not Gods, more like a referee in the football matches.

No leh, sometimes old bird give newbie advice, kena insulted by newbie leh :(

Nikon lens make in china
this thread locked by Mod chngPE01
from time to time such thread will pop out, IMO, what make the difference (quality) on the photos are largely by the photographer. thread serve no purpose unless ones interested on collection of lenses.

err.... why does it serve no purpose? This is an equipment forum. Common, everyone here knows the quality of the photo is 90% dependent on the photographer but the equipment DOES MATTER. That is why people spend thousands instead of hundreds on lens.

I think the above is a perfect example of heavy handedness in CS. Everyone is speaking civilly (more or less) having a nice discussion about nikon lens. I learnt something interesting (that there are different batches of the 105mm VR lens, some in MIJ some MIC). People are interested in the topic and finding out which lens is MIJ or MIC and suddenly some mod just come in with a

"Meaningless discussion here. Don't waste time and bandwidth here.

Thread closed"

Don't you think it is a little rude?

The mod probably thinks that there is no difference between MIJ or MIC but that is his personal view. There are other CSers who feels otherwise or is unsure whether that is the case. There are also people who feels MIJ is better and wants to know which lens are MIJ and which ones are MIC? Information like the newer batches of 105mm VR is MIC is also useful to people looking for MIJ lens.

Last edited:
No leh, sometimes old bird give newbie advice, kena insulted by newbie leh :(

That is why some people are strict against newbies, if not kena flame by Newbie instead ;)

err.... why does it serve no purpose? This is an equipment forum. Common, everyone here knows the quality of the photo is 90% dependent on the photographer but the equipment DOES MATTER. That is why people spend thousands instead of hundreds on lens.

I think the above is a perfect example of heavy handedness in CS. Everyone is speaking civilly (more or less) having a nice discussion about nikon lens. I learnt something interesting (that there are different batches of the 105mm VR lens, some in MIJ some MIC). People are interested in the topic and finding out which lens is MIJ or MIC and suddenly some mod just come in with a

"Meaningless discussion here. Don't waste time and bandwidth here.

Thread closed"

Don't you think it is a little rude?

The mod probably thinks that there is no difference between MIJ or MIC but that is his personal view. There are other CSers who feels otherwise or is unsure whether that is the case. There are also people who feels MIJ is better and wants to know which lens are MIJ and which ones are MIC? Information like the newer batches of 105mm VR is MIC is also useful to people looking for MIJ lens.

this kind of discussion it has been brought up countless time, it serve no real purpose and help nothing in improving ones photography skills.
classified as 100% kopitiam materials, and it just keep going on and on and has no ending, worst than old wives tales, the best way to deal with it, is just shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.