Nikon F80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuantumX

i'm thinking of getting the one with date version. is it recommended to get a F80 or F60? visited one of the shop which quote F60 at $640 with date and AF 28-100 mm lens. I'm going to china next month too so might be getting a wide lens take some nice photos. pls comment.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by QuantumX
i'm thinking of getting the one with date version. is it recommended to get a F80 or F60? visited one of the shop which quote F60 at $640 with date and AF 28-100 mm lens. I'm going to china next month too so might be getting a wide lens take some nice photos. pls comment.:rolleyes:

f60 is not recommended.

F80
BUY BUY BUY :gbounce:

F100

BUY BUY BUY

D100

BUY BUY BUY :rbounce:

:bsmilie:

My current set up in a F80
Nikon 28 - 105 f3.5 - 5.6 MACRO
Sigma 70 -300 f4 -5.6 MACRO

so far no complaints w the gear except need more stuff.. :)

my humble opion is that you shld start off w a F80 and a good lens...

Going to China? Great, hopefully you can get yourself a wide-angle lens and a long telephoto lens.

If digital camera is out of your consideration list, and you are struck between F80 or F60, I'll say, go for the former. Or better still, go for 2nd hand equipments at cheaper price and save the rest for a good lens! If you are not particular about the photo quality (at least not as a professional critric) , maybe you can consider Tamron 28-300mm lens?

Oh, and remember to get a circular polz filter. And not forgetting extra batteries too. And tripod for long telephoto zoom.. Anyway, enjoy your trip, probably the cold season now, winter ...

Why will you consider a F60 when there is a F65?

Its is F80 to go if u have the extra cash. Else F65 is not too bad.

wow thanks thanks for your reply guys :bsmilie: think i will try something like ..

Nikon F80 Body
AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6G

i'm thinking of getting AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D too. Is it good??:rolleyes:

F80 would be a better choice. It offer semi pro functions which is able to take better pictures.

If you have $$ to spare, i would intro you F100 ( non digital )

Faster motor than F80 so you can focus faster ( can capture human expression faster than F80 using any lens. )

F80 is light; so if you are one of those who do not want to carry heavy stuff, F80 would be a better choice.

Try the F100 , lifetime investment ...

wow thanks thanks for your reply guys :bsmilie: think i will try something like ..

Nikon F80 Body

F2.8D !!! :rbounce: should be good enough for all photography range.

Try to get the F100 if you can =D

Originally posted by oceanxp

F2.8D !!! :rbounce: should be good enough for all photography range.
Try to get the F100 if you can =D

No, try to get the 80-200 mm AFD 2.8D - very good len for protrait taking. There are someone in this forum trying to sell it off.

Hmm...maybe I will consider upgrading to F100 or F5 now.. :p

Just a suggestion.

Nowadays, most of my friends are selling (or trying to) off their film SLRs to go into digital. So it's not difficult to get 2nd hand film Nikon bodies in 2nd hand shops nowadays. But most of them are keeping their lenses to go with their DSLRs. Would it be better if you buy a 2nd hand body, and use the savings to invest in good lenses instead? Maybe sometimes down the road, you may feel that you maybe ready to try digital, and want to get a Nikon/compatible DSLR. Then you can use back your Nikkor/compatibe lenses..

Nikon F100 is a good camera, in fact it's the number 2 in Nikon Film professional camera (1st being the F5). But it cost well over SIN$2K.. Anyway if you have the extra bucks, I'll say, go for it because it's a very good camera in term of handling, metering and best of all, custom settings for personal perferences..

2-cent worth.

Nikon F80 Body

Just curious, would you like to share with us on why you want to buy a film camera instead of a digital camera? Especially when nowadays digital cameras are selling off much faster than film's..
:)

Oophs, sorry guys, last few comments, I promise. ;)

QuantumX

(a) If you have decide to buy the 28-100, then a better choice would be AF Nikkor 20mm instead of 24mm. The slight wider angle from 28 to 24 is not significant.

(b) From my backpacking experience to China, most of the beautiful photos are taken up high on mountains e.g. great wall and on temples' roofs. It would be worthwhile to consider bringing a lense with zoom 200mm or more to isolate the feature you are shooting. At times, trying to capture everything in using a wide angle lense may just prove not be a good thing, as the photo composition may just become messy and without focus and subject.

(c) As mentioned earlier by a kind member, someone is selling his Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 lens in the "Buy & SEll" forum at a good price, maybe you'll like to check it out? http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=214341#post214341

Rgds

Nikon F80 Body

:D

Hi all.

Film SLR still has its value. :)

A F80 should be good. Offer low cost but with features near to F100, an advance amateur to professional camera. Except the flash sync and the build quality and the frame speed in continous shooting. But try not to get the dated version, cos you don't want to print dates on your nice landscape photos. :) And also do not get the data inprint version, as i heard the data printed between frames is too small to read easily. Not worth the money. Just get the basic F80.

And most important of all, it is the person controlling the camera to make the photo looks good, and a better camera body only helps the photographer to get it done easier. :) But good lens definitely make the result a lot better, as the photographer will want the "best" light to reach the film. Anyone disagree? :)

Just my personnal thought, definitely not 100% correct.

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi all.

Film DLR still have it value. :)

A F80 should be good. Offer low cost but features near to F100, an advance amatuer to professional camera. Except the flash sync and the build quality and the frame speed in continous shooting.

And most important of all, it is the person controlling the camera to make the photo looks good, and a better camera body only helps the photographer to get it done easier. :) But good lens definitely make the result a lot better, as the photographer will want the "best" light to reach the film. Anyone disagree? :)

I totally agree with you, serendipity :)

If its just landscape or scenery photos u want to take, the F80 is more than sufficient. I too have the F80 & I have used it to take pictures of my friend's ROM and helped another friend cover a wedding - its definitely more than enough.

Originally posted by MingGuan
Just curious, would you like to share with us on why you want to buy a film camera instead of a digital camera? Especially when nowadays digital cameras are selling off much faster than film's..
:)

:bsmilie: personally i feel that digital cameras still have room for improvement. Things are moving fast...3 to 5, 5 to 8 Mpixels:cry: extra features..Unless I have the extra cash else I would prefer non-digital ones that offer 100% real colour:D

Originally posted by scanner

No, try to get the 80-200 mm AFD 2.8D - very good len for protrait taking. There are someone in this forum trying to sell it off.

Hmm...maybe I will consider upgrading to F100 or F5 now.. :p

dun !! F5 !!

yeah would definately agree that F100 is a much better camera then the F80..

but then again (in my own humble opinon), it's better to get better lens first and an ok body to start with...

would definately recommand the 80 - 200 f2.8 anytime...

my personal F80 still serving me well.

and as many have stated.. it's the person me the len that makes the difference :)

just my 2¢ worth :D

Status
Not open for further replies.