Nikon F55 vs Canon EOS 300 vs Canon EOS 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KByte

which one's better?

which one's better?

EOS 300 will be my preference...

someone's selling his EOS300 for $450, wif a 28-90mm lens. he claims it's never used before (never put film into the cam before) and it still has the full warranty. is it worth the buy? wats the highest price u would pay for it?

Originally posted by KByte
someone's selling his EOS300 for $450, wif a 28-90mm lens. he claims it's never used before (never put film into the cam before) and it still has the full warranty. is it worth the buy? wats the highest price u would pay for it?

if u want that u better try it out with some film first on viewing day

You wouldn't know what kind of place he put it in. If he didn't really USE it, then probably that person is NOT that into photography. Therefore, he PROBABLY doesn't know how to store it properly. I think $450 is a little steep, really. Maybe $380++???

But that's just miserly old me. :D

By the way, I don't get it. What's so good about EOS300?

When I was debating on whether to buy Nikon F55 and Canon EOS66, it was the price factor that made me decide to buy the Canon. :D

So, kindly enlighten me. What makes an EOS300 better than an EOS66? :dunno:

you can visit www.canon.com.sg

they list the recommended retail price

think there's a promo for the E0S300
[can get 75 - 300 lens free, depending on package you get]

the canon promo on EOS300 includes the 28-90mm and the 75-300mm lens, but package price is $898 :) i was looking for something simpler. why would the eos66 win the F55 over the price factor? for the same lens package the promo eos66 is selling at $398 while the f55 goes for $410 (according to 2 of my frens who just bought F55's).

... for the same lens package the promo eos66 is selling at $398 while the f55 goes for $410 (according to 2 of my frens who just bought F55's).

.... exactly. And Nikon lens are way more expensive than Canon lens due to the brand, I think....

Originally posted by Poledra

.... exactly. And Nikon lens are way more expensive than Canon lens due to the brand, I think....

Wait! Dun agreed.
Anyway better dun start a flame....many Canons and Nikkons user around.... ;)

but in terms of quality? is nikon or canon better?

Originally posted by scanner

Wait! Dun agreed.
Anyway better dun start a flame....many Canons and Nikkons user around.... ;)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Okay..... you're right..... Avoid the red hot flame war... Both brands good!

EOS 300 is good but 300v better. I suggest you should get the EOS300v. It is only $565 with the new 28-90mm. If you want to compare EOS 300 to 66 they are different, EOS 300 is better. I would suggest you go to review sites to read the reviews because the comparison can be very long to list them here. Indeed Canon and Nikon are almost the same both are good and should be considered but don't forget Minolta too.

Do compare this way:
EOS66 vs F55
EOS300/300v vs F65
EOS30/33 vs F80

how much would the dynax 5 cost? it seems a very good camera.

which one's better?

Better for what???

Features: EOS300 better; F55 and EOS66 almost identical.

Price: EOS66 and F55 better :D

Some other questions you can ask:

What photos do I want to take?
What features do I need?
What features do I want? (=nice to have)
How much do I want to pay?
Will I want to/be able to upgrade/expand?

Originally posted by Poledra
So, kindly enlighten me. What makes an EOS300 better than an EOS66? :dunno:

It has depth-of-field preview, flash compensation, 7 focusing points. If you don't use those, it's not better than the 66.

the features that the eos300 has over the other two are nice, but frankly, this is going to be my first SLR. wat do u guys recommend? thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.