Nikon F55 promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AqUaRiU5

Feb 9, 2002
Square Box
organico.frozened.com
halo pple....erm....juz wanna ask if the Nikon F55 promotion selling at S$499 izzit worth it...?? cause maybe wanna get a SLR....

Well, $499 for a body + 28-80 lens is less than the cost of:

Nikon flash like the SB-28
28-70 Sigma or Tokina f2.8 lens
Carbon Fibre Tripod
etc.... (the list goes on and on)

value is all relative :D

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
halo pple....erm....juz wanna ask if the Nikon F55 promotion selling at S$499 izzit worth it...?? cause maybe wanna get a SLR....

you probably can get a good external flash for your current camera and increase its usability....

Originally posted by mpenza

you probably can get a good external flash for your camera and increase its usability....

er...i saw the pic of the Nikon F55.....it has a pop-up flash rite....y need a external flash? :dunno: cause juz wanna get a SLR, a simple and cheap one will do....er...u guys got any other recommandations?

er...i saw the pic of the Nikon F55.....it has a pop-up flash rite....y need a external flash? :dunno: cause juz wanna get a SLR, a simple and cheap one will do....er...u guys got any other recommandations?

basically the pop-up flash is for very close range ... 1-2m only ... it is recommend to get external flash to take greater range ..

oh....okok.....i haf one external flash at home....it's my dad's....quite a old one....but still useable...still unsure bout wther to get one or not....any advice?

Get what your budget and conscience allow. That way you won't have to upgrade for some many years ahead.

Don't buy a F55 only to keep thinking about an F100. You won't be able to sleep as well at night.

erwinx is right. Value is relative. One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. If you're just thinking of a simple SLR, without ISO encoding/setting or can accomodate a relatively slower AF the F55 will be an excellent beginner's camera to get.

Think camera folks tend to keep their lenses and upgrade their bodies when they need more functionalities.

Originally posted by rochkoh
Get what your budget and conscience allow. That way you won't have to upgrade for some many years ahead.

Don't buy a F55 only to keep thinking about an F100. You won't be able to sleep as well at night.

erwinx is right. Value is relative. One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. If you're just thinking of a simple SLR, without ISO encoding/setting or can accomodate a relatively slower AF the F55 will be an excellent beginner's camera to get.

Think camera folks tend to keep their lenses and upgrade their bodies when they need more functionalities.

huh.....tt means u cant set the ISO and stuff....stilll quite blur....erm....maybe need a above average faster AF.....cause wanna capture those great moments....btw how much is tt F100?

DON'T BUY F55!!!

I have seen and tried this camera at shop. Err...it is really a lie Nikon give to beginner.

Imagine:
1. flash at 1/90s (usually is 1/125s or higher for other Nikon AF body)

2. Plastic lens mount (definitely not so reliable...and wear fast!)

3. No TTL external flash. Only A or Manual.

4. Small. I have large hand...and it feels like a toy in my hand. Worse than F80.

5. Pop up flash. Is this a plus? Not for me...

6. 28-80mm G lens. I don't like this lens. Plastic and plastic. I heard the element inside is make out of plastic too, and will get fogged after some times.

If I have S$500, I would rather look for 2nd hand F80, or just top up some cash and get a new F80. Lens, a 50mm f/1.8 lens is perfect...if you want to try out the top quality of Nikkor glass.

F80 is a camera that you can grow with it...and still find it very sufficient to use. F55 or F65, very soon you will find it too little...and wanna upgrade. So, for me is like wasting money. If you want to get serious about SLR, then buy F80 or Canon EOS 30. If not, then just stay with your digicam...and buy other things.

Just my 2 cents...

I would echo Koh King on this one. This camera is designed for people who really wants a P and S but have the money to pay abit more..... I would say the f60 though as lousy as it is, the prob. a better SLR body. an f80 would be a good camera body for enthusients.

okok...after i heard frm most of u....esp. u sounded so serious when u said how lousy the F55 or F66 were....think maybe get a F80...but how much izzit....and wat accessories tt are like really impt to haf....?

er...i haf no idea too...cause now no job and dont intend to find one....haha.....er....okok let's say my budget is around $600...

maybe a 2nd hand eos300 with lens ....

I was referring to getting a flash for your current camera ;p

Dun get the F55 or EOS66 unless you want to only play with the camera. Actually EOS66 is better since you can set ISO and it has TTL flash. F55 is a souped up P&S. In fact some P&S like Ricoh GR1V have more features than the F55 like manual ISO set and film leader out.

Status
Not open for further replies.