Nikon F5 for Leica M6

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bresson

Hey guys should i sell off my nikon F5 for a leica M6??
firstly my F5 is too heavy for me and bulky but its functions are fantastic, even the lousiest photos i expected turn out to be great
secondly leica is much more lighter and its lens are fantastic...

is it worth it?:rolleyes:

Go ahead, it's your money.

Oh no, not again....

Sell the F5 and buy a F100 then. For a F80. If you like the functions of the F5, selling it for a M6 deprives you of all of them (not like you really need them anyway).

If you like rangefinders, go check out the Voightlander Bessa series.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Oh no, not again....

Sell the F5 and buy a F100 then. For a F80. If you like the functions of the F5, selling it for a M6 deprives you of all of them (not like you really need them anyway).

If you like rangefinders, go check out the Voightlander Bessa series.

Regards
CK

Eh? You missed a point. He said Leica lenses are fantastic.:D :devil:

Originally posted by bresson
Hey guys should i sell off my nikon F5 for a leica M6??
firstly my F5 is too heavy for me and bulky but its functions are fantastic, even the lousiest photos i expected turn out to be great
secondly leica is much more lighter and its lens are fantastic...

He wrote, and i quote: "even the lousiest photos i expected turn out to be great"

So the camera maketh the picture?

Hmmmmmmmm.. A point of contention surely... :dunno:

you need to ask yourself what photos you take and work from there.....

For me, i think you shld stick to your F5. And of course.. nikon lens aren't that bad rite? I think they still produce good lens for nikon, so I don't see the need to go leica.

P.S: however, canon lens are the :devil: best :devil:

Originally posted by Klause
For me, i think you shld stick to your F5. And of course.. nikon lens aren't that bad rite? I think they still produce good lens for nikon, so I don't see the need to go leica.

P.S: however, canon lens are the :devil: best :devil:

Is the following true?
leica > contax > canon > nikon

Only the following equation is true

*insert the brand you use*>*insert all other brands that you DO NOT use*

I somehow missed that. This statement reveals the amount of experience you have in photography. I seriously think you should assess your shooting style before committing. Not that there's anything wrong with buying an F5 or a M6 though.

...even the lousiest photos i expected turn out to be great...
bresson, i think you're missing a very impt point here. if the pictures are nice, why re-invent the wheel? if it works for you, let it be...

unless you know for a fact that switching to a Leica will result in even better pixs, then it's your choice (and your money). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.