Nikon D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

mem0riess

Jan 23, 2009
North
Hi, i asked at a shop from penisula plaza today, and the d90 kit cost $1500, while the rest i ask from funan, the price range from 1650 to 1790.

So should i get the 1.5k ? is it trustable?

Hi, i asked at a shop from penisula plaza today, and the d90 kit cost $1500, while the rest i ask from funan, the price range from 1650 to 1790.

Do a search on here for "peninsula plaza". Except for cathay, it's full of con men who will push you to buy hopelessly overpriced accessories.

refer to our nikon priceguide for the recommended shops. You'll pay the correct price, and get the correct contents in the camera, and no rubbish $200 "wide angle lenses" that actually cost $30.

You already nailed it on the head. It's "too good to be true". So it's not true.

$1500 w/o GST (that's usual trick)

$1500 w/o GST (that's usual trick)

And no charger. Or no stock if you don't want to buy their stupid vitacon filters.

eh, the uncle allowed me to check everything, and it said $1500 with gst final price.
Come with all the free gifts that nikon provide, the christmas promotion.

Check it might be 2nd hand or it comes with the 18-55 kit lens

i suggest getting them from slr revolution.. bought mine about a month ago at 1627.. went down yesterday again to get one filter.. very friendly.. asked quite a number of questions and they gladly tried out everything with me.. that's my personal experience.. not sure about others though..

Check it might be 2nd hand or it comes with the 18-55 kit lens

Good point; it might be a grey set (shop warranty only) or the wrong lens.

I just bought my d90 at SLR revo for 1627 cheapest after surveying everyshop in pennisular n Funan and the guys in pennisular are really big time con man, The worse I received was 1788, they even bring out Harvey normad ad n say the rp is 1988 but after disc is 1788

Just some thing to take note :

Warrenty card must have Nikon Singapore pte ltd and condition of warrenty card not like kiam chai, new d90 allow u to set language an date upon turning on the cam n the shutter is confirm lock. Standard package for d90 is nikorr 18-105 VR lens, 1 external charger w/ cable, some disc and manual, a original nikon hood, screen guard on, Lens cover is original as well, beware they will ask u to buy accessories at ripped off price. Good luck to u.

The next cheapest place is Paris silk katong, look for the old man and claim to be recommended from people here becuase he quote 10bucks cheaper than SLR revo after gst and he self digicabi at a cheaper price compare to other shop

and if you are particular about shutter count, bring a laptop with the necessary exif viewing programs to check on the spot. dont end up like me getting a "new" set with 2k+ shutter count. Then have to go back and change the next day.

hey guys, thanks for giving me so many advise..
i dont mind paying a few hundred bucks more if it trustable.

By the way, VainKid, wheres SLR revo? 1627 consist of gst already?

I bought my D90 2 days ago at Funan Challenger, 1699 ex lor but i happy with the freebies. More then what promotion put(cause friend so i do his business).

You can just kindly ask the guy at RZ, what if there is any problem with the camera is it possible for exchange/refund or not. Bring and ask any friends playing DSLR to perform a check for you.

I dont have any friends using DSLR, sighs.
Btw, where is SLR revo?

Rashkae, if im going to buy, what do i need to check?
As i'm first time buying, so i think theres alot for me to learn.
Please help me.

Rashkae, if im going to buy, what do i need to check?
As i'm first time buying, so i think theres alot for me to learn.
Please help me.

Where to start ah. There's a lot that's covered in the newbies section, but I think the common sense stuff applies... Test for focus, test the flash, look at the LCD screen for dead/stuck pixels, make sure there are no scratches, etc.

SLR Revo is a "trustable" shop, so you should be fine. Make sure the Nikon Singapore warranty card is in the box.

The quick start guide will also detail everything that should be in the box, so just check and confirm.

WAh, i am a noob on all this, how to test focus?
too bad, i dont have any friends which is using dslr ):

is it possible that i dont check?
how to check whether the body is 1st hand or 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.