Nikon D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo77

Mar 12, 2009
Intend to get Nikon D90, had went to CP to ask for price and was quoted above 1700(body and 18 to 105 len), nothing else. Will like to seek opinion from snr here where worth getting or any good recommendation, checked the price guide, the quote seems high as compared to those listed. Any advice...thks inadvance.

Intend to get Nikon D90, had went to CP to ask for price and was quoted above 1700(body and 18 to 105 len), nothing else. Will like to seek opinion from snr here where worth getting or any good recommendation, checked the price guide, the quote seems high as compared to those listed. Any advice...thks inadvance.

If you don't like their quote, go someplace else. Simple. There are many other shops.

thks. Intending to go alan photo and MS...they seem to be competitve in pricing..any other recommendation....thanks in advance.

thks. Intending to go alan photo and MS...they seem to be competitve in pricing..any other recommendation....thanks in advance.

That and Lord's is recommended.

the one at orchard lucky plaza. Noted, will pay them a visit. Thanks for the recommendation.

wow the price go up ah?

Hi Solo,

Can also try TK photo @ Beach Road Shaw Tower

thanks for the advice. Lucky i didn't commit as i thought CP was competitive in pricing also. think i really need to go round singapore to hunt.....

John 3:16 @ Funan, good service, reasonable pricing. ;)

buy body 2nd hand in cs - cheapest! sell also can sell at same price... cs price seemed hard to depreciate...i still see d80 selling at 700+. 1.5 year ago i also bought for 700+

John 3:16 @ Funan, good service, reasonable pricing. ;)

i second this...

their service is almost 2nd to none among the shops i visit.
but either u go early at abt 12 when they just opened to catch them when they r least busy or u hv to join the Q...

MS colour is a good bet too...but try to request to speak to mr loh

thanks for all the advices. much appreciated.

Nikon D90 w/Twin Lens
$1,800 w/GST (John, Jan09 - zechraffie)

To give you a rough estimate.

Nikon D90 Kit (18-105mm VR)
$1,700 w/GST 8GB, Tokina Lens filter, cleaning kit (Lord's, Mar09 - slimer)
$1,690 (TK, Oct08 - mojoe)
$1,600 (w/o GST, Parisilk, Oct08 - mojoe) free 4GB
$1,799 (Mustafa, Oct08 - sanjangr)
$1,580 w/GST (CP, Apr09 - RonQuek) 4GB, Lowepro/Nikon Bag
$1,669 w/GST 8GB SDHC (AP-F, Feb09 - koreanano)
$1,680 (TCW, Jan09 - ChickenRice)
$1,638 w/GST 4GB, Nikon Bag (HN-F, Feb09 - Voltx)
$1,660 w/GST 4GB SDHC (John, Mar09 - NeTHaCk)
$1,667 w/GST 8GB SDHC, Tripod, Nikon Bag[+$20] (HN-F, Feb09 - koreanano)
$1,680 UV-filter, 4GB, lens cleaning kit, crappy tripod (MS, May09, firstrazor)

Nikon D90 (body only)
$1,320 (CP, Apr09 - RonQuek)
$1,390 (Parisilk, Nov08 - DEENINETY) free 4GB
$1,390 (TK, Nov08 - ahandre) free 4GB
$1,300 4GB SDHC (AP, Apr09 - royarcilla)
$1,400 (TCW, Jan09 - ChickenRice)
$1,380 w/ free 4GB Kingston SDHC (MS, Feb09 - Doraemon70)
$1,380 (John, Mar09 - NeTHaCk)
$1,360 (OP, Aug09 - backlash)

On TODAYs newspaper, there is a on going promotion happening @ AUDIO HOUSE, check it out. as for their D90 PACKCAGE for 1988 includes the following.

1. Nikon D90 Body
2. 18-105mm VR Lense
3. Dry Box
4. Tripod
5. 2 pcs, 8 GIG SD Card
6. Sunblitz Extrernal Flash
7. Cleaning Kit
8. Screen Protector
9. Steinzeiser Brand Camera Bag
10. 1 Additional Battery pack
11. Umbrella
12. 50 dollars Voucher (Shinco)

go and check it out...

I bought my D90, during comex last month, but I prefered to buy @ Audio house having the best deal..:thumbsup:

On TODAYs newspaper, there is a on going promotion happening @ AUDIO HOUSE, check it out. as for their D90 PACKCAGE for 1988 includes the following.

1. Nikon D90 Body
2. 18-105mm VR Lense
3. Dry Box
4. Tripod
5. 2 pcs, 8 GIG SD Card
6. Sunblitz Extrernal Flash
7. Cleaning Kit
8. Screen Protector
9. Steinzeiser Brand Camera Bag
10. 1 Additional Battery pack
11. Umbrella
12. 50 dollars Voucher (Shinco)

go and check it out...

I bought my D90, during comex last month, but I prefered to buy @ Audio house having the best deal..:thumbsup:

That's a horrible deal. You pay so much extra for near useless "freebies". Remember, they're NOT FREE, you're paying extra for them!!

A dry box? 20-30 SGD and nowhere near as good as a dry cabinet. 2x8GB cards? How SLOW are they?

Etc etc etc... Not worth it.

You are right these are not freebies, because if you sum up all these things maybe you can get it much cheeper. But before I bought mine at Audio House I went to different shops.

By that time, When i purchase my camera, its the same price @ the Comex, but no freebies. One more thing is that I went to John 3:16, MS Color & Alan Photo. Dont dont have a stock of D90. I have told that I have to wait 1 week for their call. But there is no assurance that I will be getting the item.

As for my decision, Its better to have this crappy useless piece of freebies that I paid... than nothing at all.

Thats my opinion and mine is only a suggestion.

Thanks for the comments. Cheers!:D

Last edited:
well...

if u r shootin in jpeg format,...i think the speed of the sd card should not be an issue even if it's a class 2...pls correct me if i am wrong

well...

if u r shootin in jpeg format,...i think the speed of the sd card should not be an issue even if it's a class 2...pls correct me if i am wrong

But some people also want to shoot video on the D90.

ic...
i nvr thougt of tat cos i don't intend to shoot video with it...ok

Status
Not open for further replies.