Nikon D90 vs Canon 550D Video Quality

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
Both are recording in HD? and which offers better video quality? :)

Have you done ANY basic research at all? Even a google search for "Nikon D90 vs Canon 550D Video Quality"? The results come up with samples and screenshots...

The 550D pwns D90. The 550D has full HD while the D90 has only 1280 x 720.

Much more disadvantages to the D90...The jelly like thingy in the video.....And it is only limited to 5 min of video.

Have you done ANY basic research at all? Even a google search for "Nikon D90 vs Canon 550D Video Quality"? The results come up with samples and screenshots...

Yes. I'm gathering info from websites and opinions from fellow photographers. Do I have to report this to you? Who do you think you are to reply to your fellow clubsnapper in this manner?

Yes. I'm gathering info from websites and opinions from fellow photographers. Do I have to report this to you?

Who do you think you are to reply to your fellow clubsnapper in this manner?

Don't get us wrong,

I think the one who ask for silly question is YOU

What's wrong with Rashkae manner ?
It is you who aren't POLITE in this forum, ever realized that ?

Who do you think you are asking VIDEO with fellow photographers ?

Are you SOMEONE that we should KNOW (care) about ?

Com'on TS, Rashkae didn't even say anything rude...

Com'on TS, Rashkae didn't even say anything rude...

Based on the TS's initial questions, you can tell if they haven't even bothered to do some initial research. Instead of typing a question on a forum and waiting for people to answer, one could easily type the same question into google and have answers immediately...

Rashkae didn't do anything wrong,,,TS also have a valid question

cheers

C'mon ppl, we are all here to help each other!

A friend of mine has the 550d, and the video is amazing! Havn't tried the d90 yet but getting it in a few days, when i do i'll tell you how its like compared to the 550d!

Cheers

pls ppl, it takes 2 hands to clap...

TS is just asking a question, if anyone think he is asking a silly question or lazy to google, then just look away. looking away uses much less energy to post a comment.

text messages, be it forum or sms are always cold and emotionless so what Rashkae said (tho its relevant) may sound normal or rude to some.

i have a D90, only HD at 720p, not bad but not the best. its doesnt have auto focus so it wont be really useful. if video is the priority, get a vidcam.

Having seen the video from D90 and 550D, my opinion is 550D's video is better. Google will bring you some really good examples of how much different they are. Feel free to share with us your findings too ^_^

i hope its correct to ask trusted opinions from cs in addition to just googling.

Part of the TS's question isn't even an "ask your opinion" question, what are you guys on about...

Probably TS is asking for opinion from this forum.

Please do not let the Google bring a thread go south ...

the movie function of 550D:
• 1080p @ 30, 25 or 24 fps
• 720p @ 50/60 fps
• VGA @ 50/60 fps
• Movie crop function
• can plug in External stereo mic
• Autofocus during recording time (most ppl find it a bit noisy)

compared to D90:
• 720p (24 fps)
• 640 x 424 (24 fps)
• 320 x 216 (24 fps)
• only with build in mic
• max running time - 5min in 720p, 20 min in other size.
• manual focus only

i cant comment on the video quality cause i never use 550D before, but i'm quite satisfy with the quality from D90. after all, it is just an extra add on. :)

Based on the TS's initial questions, you can tell if they haven't even bothered to do some initial research. Instead of typing a question on a forum and waiting for people to answer, one could easily type the same question into google and have answers immediately...

Exactly... If you ask on CS, you'll get quite a lot of biased opinions. If you had done 5 minutes of online research, you would have seen videos of identical scenes shot with both cameras so that you can make up your mind.

Who do you think you are to reply to your fellow clubsnapper in this manner?

Someone who does some basic research. FYI, my manner is "blunt". If you prefer sugar-coating, I can find my jar of honey, but then it will attract bees and goats.

best not to get a DSLR to take vid. its for photography guys. (hope im not sounding rude if not kena blast like above).....

anyway taking video will heat up your sensor. its like taking a very very long shutter/bulb mode..... thats worth many mant shutter count man..... and the sensor will deteriorate. ya, as mentioned, get the video cam.... although dslr's sensor is larger, can use L lens n many other good features.

best not to get a DSLR to take vid. its for photography guys. (hope im not sounding rude if not kena blast like above).....

anyway taking video will heat up your sensor. its like taking a very very long shutter/bulb mode..... thats worth many mant shutter count man..... and the sensor will deteriorate. ya, as mentioned, get the video cam.... although dslr's sensor is larger, can use L lens n many other good features.

The amount of misinformation contained in this 1 post is staggering.

Someone who does some basic research. FYI, my manner is "blunt". If you prefer sugar-coating, I can find my jar of honey, but then it will attract bees and goats.

HAha... Ts need a gentle approach man.... give him so of your feminine touch.... and love....

jus jokin, anyway cooldown guys... i guess sometimes ppl jus prefer to ask first hand experience.

jus give in to each other and PEACE! have a good day guys.