Nikon D90 price ?

iMluke

Deregistered
Dec 23, 2010
Hi guys , I'm soon going to fufill my passion in photography by getting nikon d90 .

I've used the search functions and also the thread on dslr prices . Most of the prices posted on quoted on the thread is already outdated and it isn't really a reliable benchmark to follow .

I've also tried calling Cathay photos to get a quote but they've not been picking up my calls ! :angry:

I'm interested in night photography and I understand that there were bundles with the d90 together with the tripod (Memory card , bag , extra battery etc )

I understand that 3-4 months ago . Nikon were offering bundles like these .

I know the limitations of a bundled tripod but I choose to settle for one first .

So can anybody give me a range and quote ? and the freebies that they're offering

I've a budget of about 1.5-1.7k .

I just got mine last week from John 3:16 in Funan for $1470.
It's a bit expensive compared to the other stores there but I dont know, I felt more comfortable buying from that store.

Package is almost the same as what Nikon offers but much cheaper.

Good luck!

It's a bit expensive compared to the other stores there but I dont know, I felt more comfortable buying from that store.

must be the smiling salesmen and "sir" and honeyed words.

:bsmilie:

Hi guys , I'm soon going to fufill my passion in photography by getting nikon d90 .

I've used the search functions and also the thread on dslr prices . Most of the prices posted on quoted on the thread is already outdated and it isn't really a reliable benchmark to follow .

I've also tried calling Cathay photos to get a quote but they've not been picking up my calls ! :angry:

I'm interested in night photography and I understand that there were bundles with the d90 together with the tripod (Memory card , bag , extra battery etc )

I know the limitations of a bundled tripod but I choose to settle for one first .

So can anybody give me a range and quote ? and the freebies that they're offering

hi, just to let you know, bundle normally is priced in. please don't think for a second that you are getting some great savings....

bundle usually gives bag that is not so popular, or not so good. pretty soon you might sell off the bag. a bundled tripod is better than no tripod at all, but you might as well make a choice, even a fancier tripod that you can get from tago-tech at $60+ is better than the usual plastic crap they package in.

cathay is not the only shop, suggest you call: slr revo, tk foto, orient photo, ms colour.

you can easily, easily, google for the numbers and get an immediate reply. remember to ask if price includes gst, and get the name of the person who quoted. if it's too far off, better check to make sure they heard you properly.

Package is almost the same as what Nikon offers but much cheaper.

Good luck!
what did u got for 1470 ? I just got a quote from M S colour for 1499 comes with tripod , memory card , cleaning kit , camera bag etc . I assume u bought the lens kit right ?

Challenger is having a promo on D90, something like below $1.5k

the price guide in the subforum has all the "reputable" shops with address, email address, and phone number.

I've called Cathay photo several times and every time they do pick up my call and I made all these call during the shop operating hours. You are not trying to call them during midnight right?:sweat:

If I am not wrong, in 2009 the price for D90 bundel was about $1600 right ?

Hmm this Nikon D90 price is very stable.

suggestion to TS to just get the standard kit ba first. when you start shooting then you will know what you really need. besides, those cost for "free gifts" are already hidden in.

Heh may I know the differences between the d90 and the canon 550D ? Not trying to compare both brands but just what can these cameras offer me .

the price guide in the subforum has all the "reputable" shops with address, email address, and phone number.

I've called Cathay photo several times and every time they do pick up my call and I made all these call during the shop operating hours. You are not trying to call them during midnight right?:sweat:

I tried so many times and I even called their other branch and each time they diverted me to the DSLR section but to no avail ... my called wasn't picked up . 4 times !

get D90 better ;p

Parisilk quote is $1455 kit only.

is nikon d90 drop the price again ... coming up next january