Nikon D90 or D300 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

indomie

Jan 1, 2009
Hi,

I want to upgrade my Nikon D60 camera. I have two option in mind, upgrade to Nikon D90 or D300. I have done some research, but it is difficult to choose which one is better.

WHich one is better, D90 or D300 ?

thanks

i also dilemma that time. In the end i chose D90 over D300 to replace my D60. Reasons are not significant but bits and bits add together become conclusion.

1. Price
2. About same image quality to me
3. Got fisheye editing
4. Both camera can access most of the functions and settings conveniently without digging the menu
5. D90 got better Live View for shooting
6. D90 got video mode
7. D90 uses SD while D300 uses CF
8. D90 is lighter and smaller

One of the main concerns i had was the 51 af points and also not sure whether D300 image quality is better.

Last edited:
You are asking a very "cute" question... coz it really have to depend on your needs & budget... :bsmilie:

Hi,

I want to upgrade my Nikon D60 camera. I have two option in mind, upgrade to Nikon D90 or D300. I have done some research, but it is difficult to choose which one is better.

thanks
depends what you want to do. If you need 6fps shooting with fast autofocus subject tracking in high iso, adverse weather environment and have the $$$, the D300. If not by all means the D90.

Hi,

thanks

D300 for me.. you own a D60 where have the same function buttons like the D90 more or less (correct me if im wrong) so D300 is another toy to play with.
cheers..

D300 for me.. you own a D60 where have the same function buttons like the D90 more or less (correct me if im wrong) so D300 is another toy to play with.
cheers..

D90 is a faaaar more powerful camera than the el cheapo D60.

D90 dude. Never looked back.

as a newbie this are some of my fren comment to me hope that it might help. Personally i think since u have already get use of D60 i will advice u on D90 as well, it's a new model but the feature are quite good. If you are on budget then this might be abit out of range for you, as for quility wise i cant really give u a good advice as personally i havent use it. I have the intention to get D90 as a new user although i think it might be abit too over for that. Well ask around ur nikon fren or if possible u might to consider D80.

Hi,

thanks

Look at the dial on the left of the body, you will know which one is built for the PRO. :bsmilie: If weight is a consider for you, go and get a P&S. It is as light as feather. I only give biased opinion here. You are getting a camera for still pictures or are you getting a video cam ? If you are getting a video cam, then go and get a video cam. D90 video feature is just a gimmick. I can operate a dedicated video cam with 1 hand and the other holding to a hamburger, try do it for D90.

Last edited:
Look at the dial on the left of the body, you will know which one is built for the PRO. :bsmilie: If weight is a consider for you, go and get a P&S. It is as light as feather.

:think: how about camera phone?> jkjk =x

Look at the dial on the left of the body, you will know which one is built for the PRO. :bsmilie: If weight is a consider for you, go and get a P&S. It is as light as feather.

Definately the D90.
The D300 has only 4 options while the D90 has lots more.. :(
HAhaha...

OT aside, i seriously think that most of us nowadays would buy first and then subsequently find reasons to start shooting. Not alot of people buy what they need anymore. :)

At the end of the day... its our money and as long as we deem it to be well spent, theres really no wrong or right.

Regards

Definately the D90.
The D300 has only 4 options while the D90 has lots more.. :(
HAhaha...

Sounds like a wise choice to me :bsmilie: He is the man, get his phone number, if you don't like your D90 because it has more options on the dial, call him up midnight and ask him go to toilet ! :bsmilie:

That's a good option too. Get one with 5MP if pixel count is your concern, you get to video call too !!! :bsmilie:
Correction: Now there are 8MP camera phones. Hey wait, then the phone must be more PRO than D40, since D40 only comes with 6.1MP. :bigeyes:

But seriously, it boils down to your budget. D300 and D90 cater to different market segment, and this is shown through the difference in price. Since TS has been using SD cards, why not continue with D90. Saves money in investing CFs.

Last edited:
Look at the dial on the left of the body, you will know which one is built for the PRO. :bsmilie: If weight is a consider for you, go and get a P&S. It is as light as feather..

:thumbsup:

You are getting a camera for still pictures or are you getting a video cam ? If you are getting a video cam, then go and get a video cam. D90 video feature is just a gimmick. I can operate a dedicated video cam with 1 hand and the other holding to a hamburger, try do it for D90..

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm deciding between these 2 cameras as well, but will probably opt for the lighter one. So I think it must be the D90.

Status
Not open for further replies.