matjepun

Mar 19, 2009
A place I call home
Hi all,

Im planning to buy a dslr i already narrow down to two option
Nikon D90 and Canon 50D

My Budget is kinda tight to start off. WIth D90 am getting the 18-105 Kit lense
With 50D am getting with 18-55 to start off and getting 50mm prime

So any recomendations or feedback from all??
Im more into Outdoor photography and Wedding events.

Please advice

Hi all,

Im planning to buy a dslr i already narrow down to two option
Nikon D90 and Canon 50D

My Budget is kinda tight to start off. WIth D90 am getting the 18-105 Kit lense
With 50D am getting with 18-55 to start off and getting 50mm prime

So any recomendations or feedback from all??
Im more into Outdoor photography and Wedding events.

Please advice

For wedding events, my experience is a FF camera is more useful. Why not consider the 5DM1? 2nd is about the price of the New 50D.

50mm F1.8 are prone to flare and AF is slow. 18-55 do not give you the colors that you wish to get most of the time.

This has been asked many times before. Please try to do a search and your own research first.

well ive already done my research. In fact ive went down to nikon showroom to do a test on d90 using my SD card.. So far Im Pleased with D90. D50 Ive yet to test fully. Is true that 50D works well only with some lenses??

Tight budget? Used Canon 40D/400D or Nikon D60/D80/(D200?)
Careful about lens compatibility/buying used stuff though.

With that extra wad of cash saved on buying used old bodies, you can buy flashes/lenses and all the other pretty goodies!

well ive already done my research. In fact ive went down to nikon showroom to do a test on d90 using my SD card.. So far Im Pleased with D90. D50 Ive yet to test fully. Is true that 50D works well only with some lenses??

:nono: not true lor...can show us where u got dis info from?

why not a 30D instead since the 50D is not really anything new.

for weddings, an 18-200 IS works remarkably well. For portraits and group shots, the 50mm 1.8 will do.

For colors and whatever adjustments...take all in Raw the important shots and maybe a backup PnS for misc shots.

S5PRO!!!!

S5PRO!!!!
last time maybe...the cheaper K20D is pretty formidable if really know how to use camera manual settings.

want to shoot wedding?
with 50d..

16-35L
and 70-200L F2.8 IS

you can die a happy man

if u buy a 2nd hand 5D
get a 24-70L in place of the 16-35L

you can die twice as a happy man..

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos50d/page31.asp
try check out.. it stated.. "High-end lenses required to get the most out of the camera"

there few webbies also mentioned this

anw... any comments about sigma 18-200mm os hsm???

try to get 1st party uh

so got consistency of colours between lenses...

sigma got its yellow tingy thingy which i just cant describe...

actually its the photographer that gets the most out of the camera...not the lens..

a friend once told me: No money, dun play camera... and that sunk in deep deep..

But in any case, TS, what isst that you need? Do you have any preferences for brands? Do you have any need for those features found in those 2 cameras? Have you done a search on them and their features, and see which goes with you better? Have you gone out to try holding them yet?

maybe in this manner, you might be able to decide for your ownself more easily...

a friend once told me: No money, dun play camera... and that sunk in deep deep..

But in any case, TS, what isst that you need? Do you have any preferences for brands? Do you have any need for those features found in those 2 cameras? Have you done a search on them and their features, and see which goes with you better? Have you gone out to try holding them yet?

maybe in this manner, you might be able to decide for your ownself more easily...

I agree with this..

What issit that you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.