Nikon D90 Current Price

sHutterJac

Dec 30, 2010
Hi ! Happy CNY to All ! just want to know where to get the most reasonable price for the Nikon D90 and how much does the Kit Set costs now. Thanks In advance !

should be around 1400. buying from courts, challenger, harvey normal should be around 1500 to 1688

The pricing of D90 was $1420 when I bought mine during last year's december, you can call those shops to ask. :)

Hi guys. Thank u so much for the info! cheers!

Question... read in the manual (yes, I do go back once in a while) that by setting +1 EV brings the D90's ISO 200 down to 100 (equivalent)... What is the difference between doing that and force setting it down to Lo2? It is basically doing the same thing, or not?

Yes
"ISO 100 @ -1 EV" is the same ISO 200
unfortunately, D90 can only +-2 EV
Lo2 means ISO 200

Last edited:
Question... read in the manual (yes, I do go back once in a while) that by setting +1 EV brings the D90's ISO 200 down to 100 (equivalent)... What is the difference between doing that and force setting it down to Lo2? It is basically doing the same thing, or not?
different is u need to pull down by 1EV during post process to get a properly exposed image, while Lo2 will do that step for u. base ISO of d90 is 200

Yes
"ISO 100 @ -1 EV" is the same ISO 200
unfortunately, D90 can only +-2 EV
Lo2 means ISO 200

My bad, I thought this was the D90 DG, posted here wrongly... deleting my post above..

Btw, not according to the manual it's not... +1 = ISO 100... (Correction to my original post, Lo1.0 not Lo2...)

Also... D90 can do +-5 EV not +-2...

You've got your facts wrong bro... :)

different is u need to pull down by 1EV during post process to get a properly exposed image, while Lo2 will do that step for u. base ISO of d90 is 200

Again, I stressed that I've posted in the wrong thread, my apologies.

Maybe I didn't ask correctly... I know the steps are different between the two I've mentioned and also the base ISO 200... But we're adviced against setting Lo1.0 to obtain ISO 100 equiv since it's not D90's native base ISO unless absolutely necessary.

What I'm asking is... is setting +1.0 EV using the EV button on top right the same as setting Lo1.0 in the menu? Does D90 process this two exactly the same, or different?

Yesterday I went to funan slr rev.. They quote me d90 with 18-105 kit... 1424..with bag, tripod, 8gb.. Any where offer lower?

Last edited:
Better to just get the body and a 18-70 for a start (or if budget allow the tamron 17-50)... that will be what i prefer instead of the 18-105 :)

The current street price for D90 body is about 1200, the offer from SLRR seems good. Do you check with them what are the bag and tripod?

yeah slr rev 1424 with bag, tripod, 8gb card, memory card reader.

Lowest price at Funan. :)

S$1,424 is about right. My casual inquiry into the price of a D90 kit from iPhoto (formerly Lords) is about there too.

kriegsketten said:
Again, I stressed that I've posted in the wrong thread, my apologies.

Maybe I didn't ask correctly... I know the steps are different between the two I've mentioned and also the base ISO 200... But we're adviced against setting Lo1.0 to obtain ISO 100 equiv since it's not D90's native base ISO unless absolutely necessary.

What I'm asking is... is setting +1.0 EV using the EV button on top right the same as setting Lo1.0 in the menu? Does D90 process this two exactly the same, or different?
I think u miss the point being Lo setting will push up the ev automatically in the camera to give u a correctly expose image, whereas setting -1ev alone in Lo or ISO 200 or even ISO 3200 is no different since it alter the compensation giving u a dark image in any setting...

Yesterday I went to funan slr rev.. They quote me d90 with 18-105 kit... 1424..with bag, tripod, 8gb.. Any where offer lower?

Maybe can ask them if they can sell the package without the price and tripod (if there is really no need of these for you), see how much they can offer from there.