Nikon D750 Official

I just called Nikon regarding the recall, they asked to bring along my purchase receipt and warranty. I asked why warranty is required if it's a manufacturer recall. He replied, "Ya, I think you are right."

What the..... !!

Lol...

I just called Nikon regarding the recall, they asked to bring along my purchase receipt and warranty. I asked why warranty is required if it's a manufacturer recall. He replied, "Ya, I think you are right."

What the..... !!

Let us all hope they remember what they discussed when they came up with the new 'restructuring' plan.

Red dot in the tripod mount socket. Black dot in the tripod mount socket. What color is next? I think I would ask them to go ahead and bring my ink encrusted tripod mount socket back to spec because I can no longer get the camera to attach firmly. Geezuz

Last edited:
I sent in last week. I was told it will take 2 weeks. Didn't send in for the previous recall and they will fix all the previous ones together.

Do they actually replace the shutter mechanism on all the affected camera or some are just a realignment job?

Do they actually replace the shutter mechanism on all the affected camera or some are just a realignment job?

What the customer service agent told me is they will replace it. But obviously, we won't know what they did right? Just hope for the best for...

Bros, any idea what's the street price on a replacement battery - original?
Thanks

HI got my 750 back after two weeks....camera count zero, all my pre-settings revert to original settings....
Yes, they change the parts....trust Nikon

Yes, mine too. Collected about 2 weeks later. Shutter count is zero but I believe they can reset the counter. Surely they need to test the new shutter before certified that it's good to go.

......... while they are at it, can also have Nikon change my sensor to the D850 one. :p

Folks, this question was probably discussed many times but I couldn't find it anymore within the forums.

I've got a few DX lens from my D300 time and now would like to upgrade to D750. Can any kind soul confirm if I can re-used the lens on a FX body? Else i need to go for the D7500

Folks, this question was probably discussed many times but I couldn't find it anymore within the forums.

I've got a few DX lens from my D300 time and now would like to upgrade to D750. Can any kind soul confirm if I can re-used the lens on a FX body? Else i need to go for the D7500

You can use DX lens. Just switch to DX mode.

You can use DX lens. Just switch to DX mode.

I read that there will be vignette issue...so just wondering if it’s worth using DX lens on a full frame camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long the camera is in DX mode, then it's alright to shoot with DX lenses.
Of course to max out the resolution, it's best to shoot with FX lenses.

hi all recently my power button's spring (?) stopped working. I can switch on and off normally, but when I flick it right to illuminate the top LCD panel, it no longer springs back.

Any idea how much it costs for such a repair?

Sent it in for a cleaning n knew tt my 750 kana recalled. Quoted $181 for the general maintainence so as to get it coeaned. I ok it. Collected my camera and told tt it. Got a new shutter/rubber grips/clean interior. All FOC. Also cheekily asked if can traxe in my D750 n top up for a 850. Chery said cant... haiz... nevertheless, Nikon service centre has never failed me yet.

With the launch of Sony A7III, the newest kid on the block with all the bell and whistle, am I the only "crazy" one to still wanna get a D750 now, at a very attractive price point!!!
A7III is couple of hundreds more (and their lens costing more as well) and the main advantage to me is the size. Dislike the UI and use to dislke the battery life but seem they have that fix....

Something wrong with me???

With the launch of Sony A7III, the newest kid on the block with all the bell and whistle, am I the only "crazy" one to still wanna get a D750 now, at a very attractive price point!!!
A7III is couple of hundreds more (and their lens costing more as well) and the main advantage to me is the size. Dislike the UI and use to dislke the battery life but seem they have that fix....

Something wrong with me???
yeap something wrong

Reactions: N-user
Despite all of the recalls, spewing oils onto sensor, dusts, AA filter, etc, will you recommend this camera?

Despite all of the recalls, spewing oils onto sensor, dusts, AA filter, etc, will you recommend this camera?

I still think it's a good camera. With all the recalls, you probably can get a good price for a fixed issues camera with low shutter count (replaced during recall).